By poop - 18/05/2009 17:25 - United States

Today, at work, I decided to try and impress this girl walking behind me by holding the door open for her. As she was walking through, I inadvertently pulled the door too hard. It slammed against the wall and ricochet back, hitting her right in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 623
You deserved it 19 517

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unlucky91 0

Well, either thats the end of meeting her or maybe you'll have a story to tell your kids :] but yeah FBYL ( **** both your lives). i hope she doesn't get a bruise

Comments

MSJ91 1

I hold doors for everyone, as long as I don't have to wait more than 3 seconds. XD I understand that chivalry is dead, but common courtesy shouldn't be. Besides, holding a door is hardly an impressive gesture. The door hitting her in the face could have been used to start conversation, after some genuine concern, if it knocked her off her feet. =P

I chose YDI before I even read it, because of 'tried to impress'.

I agree with #34 It's not chivalrous to hold a door open for someone, it's common courtesy. If I walk into a store and someone else is coming out, I hold the door open (since I have to open it anyway) and let them out before entering. It's not impressive, it's not even gentlemanly. If some attempted to open and close a door while I was heading out of the door, I would find that extremely rude. "Oh, you opened a door that you would have opened anyway, and decided to hold it open a second longer than it would take you walk through it, I am so impressed"

angeldo6695 0

SO? even if you did held the door for her, she'll just say thank you, its merely manners, nothing to impress her there

This should be written by the girl "today, i was leaving work when this asshole in front of me slammed the door in my face. I have a black eye now" or "Today, this cute guy in front of me tried to be kind and hold the door, but miserably failed and slammed it in my face. Then, he tried hitting on me! Egh"

#15 - according to your profile you're single - ya think there might be a reason for that?

As many have stated..holding a door for someone is just something you should do to be polite...Smile at them and nod or perhaps try a little comment or two. Those people will smile back and think better of you, and they will continue to smile and pass it on.

Everybodyfails 0

Who in their right mind would try to hit on someone they work with? at work people are usually sober, distracted with other stuff, and if it doesn't work out you'll have some very awkward meetings. If you want to impress a girl, go to a party or bar.

Don't hold the door for a girl because it's "impressive", or because she's a girl, but because she's a human being and you should ALWAYS hold the door for people, not just when you think it will get you some.

seayjoel 0