By Anonymous - 16/05/2013 04:39 - United States - Cleveland

Today, at the supermarket, a man collapsed. I gave CPR while the cashier called for help. During this, the other patrons were complaining that no other register was open. Once the ambulance arrived, I returned to my cart to find items removed and 40 dollars taken from my purse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 564
You deserved it 4 059

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lizza330 28

Well on the bright side you might've saved someone's life. :)

Comments

Okay, how does OP deserve this? There are way to many votes in the ydi

#34: They were the ones complaining about no other registers being open.

OP clearly deserves it as there are trained professionals for dealing with these situations. Just like there are professionals trained to move tiny birds nests.

And when you collapse in public and have no oxygen circulating to your brain until the professionals arrive and suffer irreversible brain damage or death (anything greater than 5 minutes) because of it, you may rethink your ignorant comment.

46 has never heard of sarcasm apparently.

Sarcasm I believe in. It's people I worry about. Considering how many people asked why OP left her purse unattended.

No, OP was helping the man. The other customers (not OP) were the ones standing around complaining.

Stormdriven37 6

It really makes me angry. "Oh you deserve it for saving someone's life." Really? Pathetic.

I believe in Karma... You did a wonderful and selfless thing.

just_A_guy01 3

It's just money you saved someone's life!! I think that is worth a little bit more than 40 bucks

perdix 29

They were probably jealous that you got to make out with some random dude on the floor. I guess they figured he was going to pay you a lot more than $40 for this service, so they could help themselves and you'd still come out ahead. I can't explain away the removed items from the cart. That's going too far! I've lost my faith in humanity!

Wow. This is what happens when you try to help someone.

Wow, people these days. 'A man is dying on the floor! I might as well steal some money....'

This isn't even funny, it's just sad. What has our society come to?