By Anonymous - 23/06/2015 18:05 - United States - Mankato

Spicy
Today, as my mom was getting ready for a date, I told her that I think it's too early for her to date, since she divorced my dad only a week ago. She then said, "Don't worry, I'm only in it for sex." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 119
You deserved it 4 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To each their own; everybody needs someone

It could be her way of coping, sadly. I'm sorry OP. .-.

Comments

Well .. talk to her and say that Bothered you

As much as it sucks for OP, dealing with her parents being divorced, the mother can do what she wants without having the blessing of her daughter. That being said, the mother should still take into consideration her daughter's feelings. It's a two-way street, ladies and gentlemen.

Exactly. A divorce is hard on the whole family and the parents need to be considerate of their children's feelings as well. Especially when dating other people. For instance, I heard of a man who was getting remarried and chose to get married on the 1 year anniversary of his wife's death (or his dead wife's and his marriage anniversary, I can't remember which but I'm pretty sure it was the first one). Although it was his right to do that and get married on that day, he should've had the curtesy to think of his older kids feelings and think that maybe that would make this already quick marriage even harder on them.

The divorce might have been finalized last week but it's very likely they've been making their peace with it for months or even years. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with dating even before the divorce goes through. In my mind it's not cheating if the papers of intent have been served.

RedPillSucks 31

perhaps not in your mind, but there could be legal or financial consequences if a person starts dating before the divorce is final. some states can allow that to be used as evidence of adultery.

Fortunately I'm in Canada where adultery is not a criminal offense. At best she can counterfile for adultery or bring it up, but since it's /after/ the papers were filed it will be very difficult to show that it affected the marriage in any way.

This. My mothers boyfriend and her started casually dating before he got the divorce papers. They already had separated and they were dragging it out(the woman was a horrible human being to say the least) so why shouldn't they have dated? A lot better than the excessive drinking he did before to try to deal with it.

carleyboo2018 20

I completely understand. My dad started dating before he even served my mother with divorce papers. It sucks, especially when they won't listen.

After a bad breakup people want to know they're still wanted by other people and that there desirable

That wouldn't be my sexpectation for a girl wanting a date.

What could you possibly know about this subject.

you looke like youre 9 years old ! what could you possible know about sex?

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

at least she's being honest with you and not lying about it

That is so true and very well respected. My ex kept telling me she needed to be alone after we broke up and if eight years didn't teach me anything then idk what to say but I know for sure the last thing she wants is to be alone....at least your mom is being honest, my hat goes out to her.

Even though it's only been a week for you, they both probably knew it was coming for quite awhile and are ready to move on. I know it isn't easy, but everyone deserves to try and find happiness.