By anonymous - 11/04/2009 13:23 - United States

Today, as I was walking into CVS, two older men outside said to me "Young lady, please consider us on your way out." Thinking they were hitting on me, I rolled my eyes and said "Screw you." When I walked back outside, I realized they were asking for AIDS donations. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 529
You deserved it 86 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SpunkT 0

Wow, way to overreact. One thing this site has taught me is a lot of girls think they're getting hit on when they aren't. ******* get over yourself. You probably aren't that pretty.

collegegirl8 0

YDI, how in the world could you think that they were hitting on you?

Comments

klutzywriter 0

#42 Thanks for the insight. I guess the only thing I can really say is, it seems that a lot of FMLs and life in general girls send out mixed signals. Like wearing the mini skirts and low-cut tops to show off your body yet it's rude if a guy takes a peek at what you're offering. Or as some of these FMLs have illustrated, the girl thinks the dude is cute yet if he shows any sign of interest it seems the girl gets disgusted at the machoism. I've honestly not talked to a lot of women because I'm not sure how I'll be portrayed as. NOW, friends of mine that are girls I'm a little more flirtatious with and goofy around. I've never been smacked or given a dirty look but with the mixed signals on this site it makes me want to re-evaluate if I should be looking at women in general. Please just have some signals you like to send and stick to them. I'm kind of sick and tired of the "this really cute guy on the bus was looking at me and then he started to flex and I got disgusted."

fair dos it;s an easy mistake to make. although, if it was outside a store, in broad daylight, i can't see how they would have been creepy old perverts. i hope you donated heavily as a way of saying sorry.

skierguy 0

#53. This girl was not "watching out for her safety", she was being a bitch. It's not as if she was in a dark alleyway in the middle of the night. If that was the case, then fine, do whatever you feel is prudent, but this was in front of a busy store, presumably in the daytime. If this girl had been a little more aware of her own surroundings (i.e. the big sign which says "AIDS research") and less obsessed with her own looks, this situation would have been avoided. She is in no way in the right.

greatnt249 0

"I took a class on gender and violence" Great, so you must be an expert on the subject now, right? Granted, 1 in 4 women may be sexually assaulted in their lifetimes, but how many of that ratio are assaulted by complete strangers, much less two old guys standing in front of CVS with "pick-up" lines such as "please consider us on your way out"? I guarantee that more people are assaulted by someone they know or are acquainted with than they are by a complete stranger. So, even if you do have an irrational fear of getting raped in the most bizarre of circumstances, that doesn't warrant complete rudeness to satisfy your paranoia; there are means of clarifying an unclear situation in this civilized society.

Grr, why are FML comments all ****** up?! Some aren't posting, some are double/triple posting, the numbers are going wonky. Grrr.

RNCftw 0

uh, who would use that line to hit on anyone anyway? hopefully you dont flatter yourself next time.

skierguy 0

#61. My god your right! What if she had been polite gone over to the big sign which says "donations for AIDS research" and seen what they were doing. Those two evil volunteers might have just bent her over and raped her in the broad daylight in front of a busy store. My god, what about those coffee-shop employees, lost strangers asking for directions, and old ladies who need help crossing the street. All of them trying to have illicit communication with you, and all potential serial rapists. It's probably best if you just disconnect your phone, stay inside and watch TV. Not just for you, but for the rest of the world.

#67, it doesn't say that it was a busy store or that it was daytime. For all we know, it could have been a CVS in the middle of a sketchy neighborhood. And there might not have been a "big" sign that said "Aids Research." Perhaps, they had a little table set up and they weren't even standing right next to it. Maybe they had a crappy little sign. We don't know. Personally, I can't really judge if she was really being a bitch or not. Maybe she was in a sketchy neighborhood, when it was just starting to get dark, and there weren't a lot of people around. Maybe she was in a big city where stuff like that happens all the time. I know that when I lived in the city, I could be wearing jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt, completely covered, and while walking down a busy road for about 5 minutes, have at least 10 guys driving either stop and try to talk to me, whistle, or holler out crap that I really didn't need here. And that was when I was like 12. She very well could have been looking out for her safety. #66. As for mixed signals. As a human being, I can wear whatever i want to wear. If I feel like wearing a mini skirt and low cut shirt, so be it. That doesn't not mean that I want a bunch of guys staring at me, hitting on me, slapping my ass, or any crap like that. Stuff like that happens, but it does not make it right. Often, girls dress like that to so that they look "cute," they aren't asking for guys to be jerks. And as for flexing.. if a guy did that in front of me, I'd probably laugh. If you want a girl to like you, talk to her, don't try and look all macho. And remember where her face is. Look at that when you're talking to her.

greatnt249 0

"Often, girls dress like that to so that they look "cute,"" You can delude yourself all you want; dressing like a **** does NOT make you look "cute." It's called dressing provocatively for a reason. I'm not saying that it gives a guy the right to rape a girl, but to get upset for your manner of dress drawing attention is just ridiculous.