By anonymous - 11/04/2009 13:23 - United States

Today, as I was walking into CVS, two older men outside said to me "Young lady, please consider us on your way out." Thinking they were hitting on me, I rolled my eyes and said "Screw you." When I walked back outside, I realized they were asking for AIDS donations. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 529
You deserved it 86 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SpunkT 0

Wow, way to overreact. One thing this site has taught me is a lot of girls think they're getting hit on when they aren't. ******* get over yourself. You probably aren't that pretty.

collegegirl8 0

YDI, how in the world could you think that they were hitting on you?

Comments

ohhhhshizzz 0

#84: It actually has happened, in the south it would NEVER happen. But in New York a lady was RAPED & MURDERED in broad daylight and everyone saw, but wouldn't do anything. It just matters where you are because people mind their business up north and aren't as friendly as the people in the south. I know from being there. They don't even say hello or smile. I know I do, but I was raised that way.

such flattery that you thought you were being hit on. that makes you a conceited bitch

sammy813 0

why would anybody hit on you saying, "young lady please consider us on your way out" ??? thats not a line.

If 102 is talking about Kitty Genoveesee, it was not "broad daylight" -- it was night time. But that doesn't really change the point (that over 30 people saw it happening and not one of them bothered to even call 911). I'm not sure why the south is immune to this. I guess the south just attacks queers & people of color in broad daylight without anyone giving a shit, but if you attack a [white, heterosexual] woman, you get the cops called on your ass. (???)

Nicole28 0

Wow. You sound like a conceited bitch who thinks every man that's every laid eyes on you wants to do you. Do the world a favor and get over yourself.

Nicole28 0

Wow. You sound like a conceited bitch who thinks every man that's every laid eyes on you wants to do you. Do the world a favor and get over yourself.

greatnt249 0

"But in New York a lady was RAPED & MURDERED in broad daylight and everyone saw, but wouldn't do anything." That was also about forty-five years ago, and it was a sensational story mostly because IT RARELY HAPPENS THAT WAY. Women should be more concerned about getting raped by their date than they should be about getting raped by some stranger in a back alley; the statistics don't lie. "It is a really awful feeling to be a woman, alone, vulnerable, and to know that most men could easily take advantage of or hurt you because you are physically much weaker than they are." Hate to break it to you, but many men find themselves in situations where some other dude could easily beat their ass to a pulp; women don't get to claim the sole "privilege" of vulnerability. It's also really awful having women assume the worst of your intentions merely because you happen to have a dick. The solution is not to become some paranoid wreck of a human being and attacking everyone first for ill intentions that they don't have and apologizing later for it. If you're that concerned about being attacked by a man, take a ******* self-defense course.

balanceMMX 0
greatnt249 0

"But that doesn't really change the point (that over 30 people saw it happening and not one of them bothered to even call 911)." Also a gross exaggeration of the events that transpired; none of the witnesses observed the murder in its entirety, and most of the "witnesses" did not witness enough of the assault to realize the severity of what was occurring. At any rate, the point I'm trying to make is that it is absolutely ridiculous to take an event such as this and draw from it the conclusion that all men are brutal savages looking to rape every female lifeform presented to them; such thinking is utterly absurd and paranoid.