By desperate - 05/10/2012 09:47 - Malta - Paola

Today, as an introduction to the history of China, I asked my APA World History class to write a 500 word essay on a historical Chinese person. Out of a class of 18, five of them were about Mulan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 032
You deserved it 5 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet a lot of them were about Jackie Chan as well

See, I would have been more creative... Mine would have been about Mushu.

Comments

intentional* I was so irate I couldn't even spell for shit.

unknown_user5566 26

Agreed, Doc. Some lines shouldn't be crossed. So many bad things have happened in history due to ignorance. Also, 113- That comment makes you sound as bad as everyone else. Fighting ignorance with ignorance gets you nowhere.

Not all social networking sites are blocked in China. And also, there are ways of getting around the firewalls. I know cause I go back to Hong Kong every year and go up to Mainland China with my aunt for vacation.

petra84 3

It's interesting to note that before lamenting about your students inability to write about someone in a Disney film, you failed as a teacher to either have the knowledge that Mulan is based on truth or check the facts. Glad you weren't my teacher. I'd have publicly humiliated you.

I don't see what the problem is, Hua Mulan IS a Chinese historical figure. ...Though from what I see is that they based their facts off the movie.

Apa? Isn't that a type of bibliography? No wonder they're writing about mulan...

KiddNYC1O 20

:looks through Movies On Demand for Mulan:

1kiki81 6