By Anonymous - 22/04/2014 03:00 - United States

Spicy
Today, after years of marriage and my lazy husband letting himself go, I can now finish a bottle of wine and still be sober. This means I've built immunity to the last thing that can make me want to have sex with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 353
You deserved it 15 542

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe marriage counselling is worth a try?

That was one depressing read. Maybe time to seek help; that's not healthy for you or him.

Comments

Evil_Wench 16

Yes. You turned to alcohol rather than communicating and trying to fix your marriage and that's HIS fault. Sounds like it's time to grow up and learn that there's more to love than physical attraction.

You kind of deserve it. You need to communicate these issues with your partner before they become this basd instead of just trying to drink your problems away.

tell him to shape up or get the **** out.

you can either change your husband or change the liquor you drink...either way it works..but the decision is yours..

change the husband,the choice is yours??? isn't it HIS choice?

No, what it means is you are now an alcoholic. You didn't "build an immunity" to anything you just think that the way you feel when drunk is normal now. Divorce the guy and get yourself in AA.

You and your husband definitely need some counseling. You may also need to go to AA if you're drinking a bottle of wine every night; it sounds as if you are addicted. You should not have to get drunk to want to have sex with your husband. Get help--or try. And if that doesn't work, as someone else suggested, a divorce might not be so bad. It sounds as if you guys have grown way, way apart.

If communication between you guys is THAT bad, why are you married? Be honest with the guy, he might actually WANT to get back in shape for you.

guyssite 4

Pretty sure that being the kind of person who would go on the internet to call your husband lazy while bragging about your tolerance for large amounts of alcohol is more of the reason why things aren't right with your marriage than your husband putting on a few pounds.