Laundry Day

By daqueen009 - 18/12/2020 17:04 - United States

Today, I had to do my laundry. Being too lazy to separate them into different colors, or even check the pockets of my jeans, I threw everything I own into one load. Turns out I had left a tin of lip balm in one of my pockets. My whole wardrobe is now covered in spots that won't come out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 259
You deserved it 1 645

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I did this with a pen once. Most of my clothes are black, so it wasn't a huge deal, but then there was one lighter grey shirt that was all splotchy. Became my PJ shirt and taught me a lesson.

soak it all in pure white vinegar overnight then wash in vinegar and mild laundry detergent, don't dry them until stains have been removed you may need to repeat the process once or twice but it should take all the stains out

Comments

soak it all in pure white vinegar overnight then wash in vinegar and mild laundry detergent, don't dry them until stains have been removed you may need to repeat the process once or twice but it should take all the stains out

op can't even be bothered to check his pockets? what makes you think he'll bother with doing any of this?

I'd feel a little bad for you if this was a genuine mistake, but admitting it was down to laziness completely negates any sympathy. It takes about 5 seconds, if that, to pat down a couple pockets, so you could have checked them all in under a minute. In the future, separate your colors into different hampers when you're done with them, then you don't have to spend time sorting them before you put them in the washing machine. Just don't call it a "life hack".

I did this with a pen once. Most of my clothes are black, so it wasn't a huge deal, but then there was one lighter grey shirt that was all splotchy. Became my PJ shirt and taught me a lesson.

I've worn black Jean's and tshirts since I was a kid, people thought it was a "phase"... no i just knew that being forgetful, it wouldn't stain if I forgot a pen or marker in my pocket. and now as an industrial painter who generally has pens, markers, touch up tips, and a whole host of other things that stain clothes it is the best choice I have made in a good while.

ViviMage 38

Anything waxy + heat = permanent stain. My mom was so mad at me when I had a bright day glo orange crayon in my pants pockets. Everything came out with permanent orange spots.

lip balm is usually a wax-based or possibly petroleum jelly based substance. in either case, if you re-wash using hot water, it should take the stains out.