By BadLuckBetty - 09/08/2016 11:33 - United States - Millville

Today, after weeks of flirting with the hot guy at the gym, he finally asked me to meet up with him outside. I was diagnosed with strep throat just hours before our date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 000
You deserved it 1 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Ask him for a rain check on the date after explaining the circumstances. If he understands and agrees then great. If not then that's just bad luck and I hope you get better soon.

As long as this is the first time you've rescheduled, he should be understanding. You are probably disappointed to not get to go to something you were looking forward too. Just imagine how much better it will be when your feeling better and not infectious!

Comments

Don't even worry about it. I get he's hot ect but if he doesn't get your sick, then he won't be worth it for the long run, or even short run. World doesn't revolve around any one person :) best people are down to earth

My only question is, why would you go to the gym with strep? It's contagious and you're shedding the virus that caused it actively. Antibiotics treat the symptoms and the secondary infection the virus causes, not the virus itself. I personally would have take at least a week off from the gym.

Unless it's a mutant strain, OP will not be contagious after 24 hours/2 doses

It doesn't say she did go to the gym with strep. The sequence of events seems to be: 1. Went to gym. 2. Hot dude asked her out (possibly for dinner a couple days later). 3. Got diagnosed with strep at some point after the gym and before the date.

OP never said she went to the gym with strep. She said she got diagnosed with strep the DAY of the date, not days before. You don't always get symptoms slowly. It's possible OP suddenly woke up feeling sick and went to the doctor only to be told she had strep.

15- I read it that way too. But, after a double check, I see Tripartita is right.

jcash52426 5

Not sure what the big deal is. People get sick, as long didn't sand him up and explain that your sick he should reschedule

He didn't ask you for a BJ didn't he?

jcash52426 5

Wtf does a BJ have to do with being sick and canceling and date

This comment is completely irrelevent.

Why are you working out when your sick? Your only exacerbating the problem. So counterintuitive. Rest. Recover.

I first thought that too. Reread it though. She got sick/diagnosed the day of the date, not the day he asked her for a date.

I have had strep That 5 times (which one turned into scarlet fever) and one time was on my birthday. Now that's an FML

If you've been flirting with a guy for weeks, there's probably enough interest that he'll give a do-over. If he won't give you a mulligan for a medical issue, you probably saved yourself time and energy and stress.