By straightasaneedle - 02/02/2011 17:11 - Germany

Today, after three weeks of putting it off, I decided to ask out the girl I've had a major crush on since third grade. When I told her, she smiled, but then quickly said, "But aren't you gay?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 592
You deserved it 4 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Unless you have just started fourth grade, then you've been putting off asking her out for a hell of a lot longer than three weeks! (If you are just starting fourth grade, you are too young to date (except if you are perdix, but he was an exception)) You've probably put on this gay act to get close to her. Girls are rightfully suspicious of the motivations of straight guys, but often let their guard down to non-threatening gay ones. Now, if you were clever, you'd tell her that she "straightened" you out ;) (I hope this gets in before the inevitable dreaded "Comments are deactivated.")

Comments

that's how girls say a NO. Did you get it?

Sparkiee93 3

Since the third grade? For only 3 weeks? So you're still in 3rd grade? It's okay, at your age, 8, it's easy to get over such things, just throw sand in her backpack.

bfad2010 0

Ouch. I kind of know how you feel. My best friend of 5 years only realized I wasn't gay in the past 6 months; I had no idea she thought I was. On the bright side, she now has first-hand experience that I'm not ;) .

How come no one has mentioned the possibility that the girl has has liked OP all along but has never dared make a move cos she thought OP was gay? Seems to me like that's why she was smiling at first only to ask the question next...

Draeven_fml 0

Well if you can take it in the ass, surely, you should be able to take a joke.

supahnazi 0

i thot he ment "putting it off" as in masturbating lol

varkey 7

um, why didn't you just tell her you were straight? i don't really see what the FML is here.