By straightasaneedle - 02/02/2011 17:11 - Germany

Today, after three weeks of putting it off, I decided to ask out the girl I've had a major crush on since third grade. When I told her, she smiled, but then quickly said, "But aren't you gay?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 590
You deserved it 4 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Unless you have just started fourth grade, then you've been putting off asking her out for a hell of a lot longer than three weeks! (If you are just starting fourth grade, you are too young to date (except if you are perdix, but he was an exception)) You've probably put on this gay act to get close to her. Girls are rightfully suspicious of the motivations of straight guys, but often let their guard down to non-threatening gay ones. Now, if you were clever, you'd tell her that she "straightened" you out ;) (I hope this gets in before the inevitable dreaded "Comments are deactivated.")

Comments

randomguy1millon_fml 0

no she thought until right then that he was gay

ok, so I have skipped all the other comments just to get in my 2 pence worth. But. and that's a big but... isn't the girl saying I thought you were gay usually a shorthand for saying 'but I thought you dressed too well, listened to me too interestedly, and could articulate your feelings too well' to be straight? in which case both you and she want to figure out what you want. (ps. I think a lot of girls quite like like kind, articulate, thoughtful guys - so ladies if you are reading this back me up!) I'm straight but a good listener and enjoy having days where I dress up (I work from home, so often I relax in a hoodie, so the change is a nice surprise). I think you probably have a lot going for you. I know you liked this girl a lot, but maybe for one reason or another it isn't going to happen with you two right now. You could obsess over this and wish for something that wasn't meant to be. You could also spend some time with yourself and decide what it is you really want, and what qualities really matter to you in a partner. Maybe it might be this girl, but I suspect if I have read into your message correctly that you want someone more intelligent and articulate. Whatever you decide, I respect you for being open about your concern here, and hope you find the path that is best for you.

she should know if ur asking her out then ur not gay

lolmonster34 0

Oh shit tht would suck sorry to hear it

I haven't read the other comments but I see it as the girl liking him, hence the smile, but perhaps some jealous friend of hers who also liked you wanted her to not want you - if you get what I mean....

This hypothetical friend - or someone else for that matter - might have spread a rumour that you were gay and she could have been checking to make sure you weren't just using her to hide it. She was probably just worried, didn't want to be used and wanted to be sure that you liked her.

Still, FYL if that isn't so. Hang in there. (Picture an adorable kitten hanging on the branch of a tree as a beacon of hope. :) )