By dead_painter - 04/05/2016 00:42 - United States - Arlington

Today, after spending hours of my time painting sets for the last two months - with less dedication than only the head painter herself, and to the point where my health and grades suffered - I finally got to see the play I worked so hard on. I was the only one they forgot to put in the playbill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 144
You deserved it 1 347

Same thing different taste

Comments

you sort of deserve it. you are stupid enough to prioritize something as trivial as painting over school and your own health. for that overwhelming stupidity I laugh at the fact that they forgot you. YDI

amgarcia 1

The same thing happened to me! I was the assistant director and did almost all of the backstage work and was not put on the bill or special thanks

This happens to me all the time at band concerts. Don't feel bad!

as a tech I can tell you that we often get excluded. Especially the people who work on the set itself. Usually they only include head painter, carpender, etc and set designer. It sucks but sometimes you just gotta admire the work youve done

theamazingd 17

I'm so sorry to hear that that happened to you!

LostInTheZone11 29

I have had something like this happen to me two years in a row. They screwed my name up with a no show fifth grader and took me off my stage crew's E-Mail work day list, and the playbill. (We were doing The Wizard of Oz that year and the 5th graders were the munchkins, but how they got two different lists mixed up is beyond me.) Then the following year the stage crew's student leader forgot my name again which also got my name out the stage crew's yearbook page.

This happened to me too! I was the assistant art director and they completely neglected to add that to the playbill. I was so angry, I never worked on sets again.

That really sucks OP - but honestly, your health and grades should not be suffering for this. Especially not your health. Iam not necessarily one to talk, but being healthy physically and emotionally, eating right and gettting enough sleep, is more important (though I'm not doubting how important this is to you).

I'm pretty sure this could get them in trouble, big time. Isn't the use of someone's work without credit plagiarism? Or whatever the art equivalent is. Either way, it sounds like you need to bring this up with the director ASAP and get your proper credit announced, and a formal apology. If the director refuses to make a formal public apology, take it up with the art/drama director and keep going up the chain of command until someone does it. What they're doing- especially if they refuse to give credit- sounds like it violates either some laws, some academic rules, or both. Also going to say I disagree with the idea of 'biting the bullet' on this. Lack of credit means whoever else worked on art aspects of the play essentially stole OP's work, and letting them get away with it now means they will probably try it again.

Why would you work till your grades suffered.