By Insomniac - 28/07/2012 09:56 - United States - Wasilla

Today, after rolling my car on the highway, I witnessed several people stop and get out of their cars to take pictures. No one asked if I was okay, and I was the one who had to call 911 for myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 615
You deserved it 2 454

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is there such thing as a bad Samaritan?

I assume you're okay because you posted but people should seriously help first. It's ridiculous that they would take pics. I assume any of them in the same position would want someone to come to their aid.

Comments

KVKdragon 26

It's unfortunate that that's one of the downsides of the smartphone era we live in today. People so focused on taking pictures that they don't have the sense to call 911

I'm sorry mate, but that's how it is in America. Land of the sharks with no empathy whatsoever. If it happened anywhere else in the world, people would help, not take pictures. That's just not nice.

unknown_user5566 26

I'm going to politely disagree. While I can see why other countries may have that perception of the US, it's still a blanket stereotype, and it's invalid. There are good people in the US, just like there are bad people in other countries.

*Sighs and grabs his chainsaw* Why not? Lead the band wagon on, Noor. ;P

I'd be upset if someone called the cops. Maybe they thought u didn't want the heat in.

Care to explain why? Under what circumstances would a potentially dying person NOT want attention, police or otherwise?

People are horrible. I once got got hit by a car , my neighbor saw the whole thing and just kept talking on her phone as a was sprawled out on the street. And no she wasn't calling 911! Luckily my husband was home and heard me screaming. It made me think about getting one of those old people necklaces that calls 911 for you, at least you could help yourself out in an emergency. Sorry op...people these days!

Was it your fault that you rolled the car in the first place?

What a sick world we live in... Hope you're ok.

Well then I bet there are tons of pictures of your accident on instagram then -_-

kraaf08 3

That happened to me a few years ago when I rolled and totalled my car. A guy stopped, looked, then kept going. :P

I got ran down by a car on my longboard. The man honked, kept on going. I had to ******* crawl out of the street.