By perpetuallyscrewed - 06/10/2009 04:06

Today, after nearly eight months of unemployment, I started a great new job. After seven and a half hours of work, my new boss comes up to tell me what a great job I was doing, but that he somehow forgot to clear the new hire with the company owner, so I'm fired. Hello, unemployment... again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 880
You deserved it 2 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Technically you weren't fired since you were never actually hired to begin with. So that's good, right?!

Comments

Are they at least paying for time worked? If not, then you should take this to court and keep your unemployment streak (financially, at least) going a bit longer. Honestly, I feel for you, OP. It took a friend of mine almost a full year to land a job, so you can get another job (even if it is an interim position) until you get back on your feet and land something you want to do. In the words of Quagmire, "Well, you could ***** yourself out to 1000 chicks for $50 a piece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love, too, but they gotta pay."

If I were you, I would make a formal complaint and try to take this to court, or challenge them somehow. This isn't fair.

Laid off would be more politically correct than fired. But due to the situation I wouldn't say that because technically you were never officialy hired.

FYI, legally they have to pay you for that day. Don't let them screw you on that. The company I work for was taken to court for that like 2 months ago and they were forced to pay not only for the wages but for the new clothes he bought to wear.

That happened to me. TWICE. I know your pain.

blustaller 0

you were most likely hired cause you have a nice set of **** or a cute ass

So you were worked...for no apparent reasonZ