By backtosquareone - 04/04/2017 08:00 - Hong Kong - Central District

Today, after months of searching, I was offered a job. After hearing how excited I was on the phone, HR docked the initial salary offer by 40% in the written contract. She said it was non-negotiable. Guess I'm back to job hunting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 622
You deserved it 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You don't want to work for a company that will pull that kind of shit, anyway. So yes, FYL, but you dodged a major bullet.

Your excitement was so overwhelmingly offensive that HR decided on the spot to cut your pay by nearly half?!?!? We should play poker sometime.

Comments

Your excitement was so overwhelmingly offensive that HR decided on the spot to cut your pay by nearly half?!?!? We should play poker sometime.

You don't want to work for a company that will pull that kind of shit, anyway. So yes, FYL, but you dodged a major bullet.

RammyJammy 1

What a bunch of crotch goblins, I wouldn't wanna work for those ass hats. If they act like that for getting excited imagine them if you actually do something wrong.

blink831forever 13

I'm sorry. I wish you lots of luck in finding something soon.

So, apparently excitement and enthusiasm are no longer allowed when job hunting? Ok then, I think I'll go with the upset, bored-out-of-my-mind attitude when career searching.

galacticstorm 6

I've had that at my old job and when I found another with better pay, benifits etc, they said I was the best out of the other workers. Work is unusual in that way.

Please please please add it to Glassdoor reviews for this company. This is totally unacceptable. You need to warn others and they need to learn a lesson. For the sake of a better society, a better future.

I hereby nominate meheem for president.

Stiggy626 25

they can't change your pay if it's already in the contract, unless they changed it before you sign.

TheaBaby918 5

It sounds like they put the pay in the job description in the ad, but out a lower amount I the actual contract. Unfortunately, there are companies that will try to take advantage of people in need of work and try to get them to work with lower pay than what the job is worth.

most definitely. I operated a forklift nearly all day but only got the usual 10$ hr because I was a parts puller

That really sucks, hopefully another offer comes soon

You wouldn't want to work for a company like that anyways