By ManinBlack - 14/09/2011 01:30 - Canada

Today, after months of looking forward to my new fencing lessons and speculating endlessly about the people who might be in my class, I went to my first lesson. I was the only one who showed up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 982
You deserved it 3 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

azcardinals1307 2

Well, at least you'll be the top student right?

and the worst student. things just got pessimistic up in here.

Comments

Single student is better. Soon you will realize is a blessing in disguise.

Not to mention that there's something wildly attractive about a man who can fight skillfully with a sword.

Kitten, the jarheaded knuckle dragging moron was suggesting that fencing would ruin ones social life....it's shit bags like you, Big Guy, that are the problem with society. You denigrate anything that doesn't fit your preconceived and narrow minded view of what is cool. "Stuck in high school syndrome."

- Bruce Dickenson (of Iron Maiden Fame) - Winston Churchill (British Prime Minister during WWII) - George Peppard (Hannibal with the original A Team) what do they have in common? a) all the manliest of manly men. b) all better than you c) all fencers d) all of the above Bruce Dickenson even owns his own fencing equipment company.... you're absolutely right... only losers fence.

stupid fml... hit reply to a different post, and then it won't let me delete or change it... bugger.

Nitram, actually, myself and three other people had commented on his post and somehow they had all disappeared before my second comment was posted. My first comment was something along the lines of "somehow fencing is less manly than getting tangled up with other sweaty men an losing the "good game strictly platonic ass-pat", while sharpening his reflexes, strategic thinking, and agility. I don't know what happened to all this other comments

Powerage66 16

Call Bruce Dickinson. Yes, that Bruce Dickinson.

He will teach you back in the village, as the duelists show you by the flash of the blade!

The evil that men do lives on and on, when you play with madness but why waste your time always searching for those wasted years.(:

Fencing seems like it would be much more useful in the real world then say, basketball or baseball. Plus when fencers have a match, it looks goddamn dangerous, so that's pretty badass.

eh... i don't know... baseball could be a bit more useful in the real world... after all - how many houses have swords, vs baseball bats? that said, yes. very badass!

ShroomsOnAcid 16

But how many rapists/murderers/muggers are gonna try to take you down with a baseball?

nevadablanca 4

My house has swords in it, because i'm a fencer and I believe that goes for every other fencer. Don't be so ignorant fencing isn't used to fend people off if your attacked on the street it's a sport, hence the name sport fencing.

You're basically getting private lessons, what's the problem?

perdix 29

Curses, foiled again! Fencing is a lousy way to meet girls -- they don't like getting poked with metal swords. Blood-engorged pork ones are a different story. If you are looking to meet guys, you don't need to waste your time learning the art and formal technique of fencing. There are plenty who are up for a nice sword fight.

RecklessJellyBea 7

Think of it this way, you might have a hot fencing coach. Then let's see who's missing out.

Kind of pathetic that you got THAT excited...

Ive done fencing for roughly a year now and have gone too some competitions. Dont let the lack of people in your class stop you. Its a fun sport (Dont go epee)

Fencing is freaking badass. C'mon "bro".....it's cool and who really cares if you're friends aren't into it? They'll care when you kick their asses. Have fun!!