By Anonymous - 26/11/2011 02:09 - United States

Today, after I went to collect my pay for babysitting, the girl's dad pulled the old "Can I pay you in Trident Layers?" bull on me. Hoping to show that I wasn't going to play ball, I told him that watching his gran inhale a cock would be funnier. If scowls could kill... FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 347
You deserved it 65 536

Same thing different taste

Comments

If he wasn't joking there were better ways of handling it. Though he probably was, taking a fun jab back is fine. But that way crossed the line. I wouldn't want someone who would use that language in my house babysitting my kids again and I would warn other parents as well. If that is your response to a joke what do you say to the kids when they piss you off.

SrakaSrakasta 20

Fair answer imo. What if your boss asked YOU at the end of the month if he could pay you in coupons?? Fair work requiers fair payment.

That reply was completely unnecessary. If you thought he was serious, you could have just said "No, you can't." All you've accomplished now, OP, is an inability to get further babysitting jobs. I certainly wouldn't hire someone who said something like that to mind kids and I'd be sure to tell anyone I knew who might need a babysitter.

ScrivNasty 3

Im gonna the bad guy here and go with OP. First off none of you guys were there, so how would you know if the Father was joking. Maybe the kid thought he could joke like that with the Father based on a relationship he thought he had. Seems to be wrong, but either way give OP a break. Acting like any of you guys haven't been in a situation where you thought it'd be ok to say something then realize well I ****** up and shouldn't have said that. And who gives a **** to all you people out there saying respect their employers and blah blah blah. Just cuz someone as an employer pays us doesn't give them the right or audacity to try and one up us as employees....they have guidelines to follow too, being professional and what not. Im not saying that OP is correct in his actions, but I doubt he deserves the reaction he's getting....

uprising_fml 0

IT WAS A JOKE GODDAMMIT !! sigh .

It's not the joke that was a stupid move, it was the content of the joke. OP could have chosen a much more tasteful comeback to joke around with the dad. So no. No sympathy here and you're a tool for thinking OP is right here. I think most of us that have screwed up and said something we regret certainly pay the consequences.

uprising_fml 0

btw I was referring to the dads joke . OPs 'joke' was not funny and very rude .

ScrivNasty 3

I never once said he was right....I was trying to make the point that everyone's bashing him, when they wouldn't know the ins and outs of what happened and the fact everyones probably done the same if not worst... He obviously knows he ****** up, posting an FML. I agree he could have handled it better but w.e. Just gotta roll with it.

First of all, what parent would SERIOUSLY ask to pay their babysitter in gum? And second, in what world do you live where it is okay for a teenager to use that sort of language around an adult?? I know most of the people I babysit for are my mom's work friends, and if I ever said anything of that nature to them, I'd be out of many jobs and probably grounded until I move out. Be realistic here.

Wow. Obviously he was joking. You shouldn't be a babysiter, your an asshole

If I said that, I think my parents would probablÿ chain me in the basement....