By Anonymous - 05/04/2012 12:36 - Netherlands

Today, after having been told that I looked horrible for the last five months, I decided to give myself a make-over. As soon as the make-up artist was done, I told her I didn't like it, and that I still didn't like how I look. She simply replied: ''Well, I'm a make-up artist, not a magician!'' FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 998
You deserved it 27 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

But the way this is worded, it seems as though OP wasn't being too polite, either.

Comments

this sounds to me like a bad told joke more then a Fml

Taymah49 7
EugeniaBennett 0

Learn to love yourself. It dosnt matter what other people say because that person is obviously trying to control you and you let it get to you. For all you know, you could be someone's beauty queen and they could be just scared that you may not like them back so they haven't said anything to you. Long story short. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

This is yet another reason why I don't believe in makeup. It gives a false sense of beauty; what happens if you wear makeup and someone sees your natural appearance and they get freaked out? They should just see you for who you are without all that goop. Plus, it's ridiculously expensive; I work in retail, and a stick of mascara costs more than a gallon of milk (which is a ridiculous $4/gallon). Pathetic. So yeah, OP, if you don't like the way you look and want to wear makeup as an improvement, then at least try something not so drastic like going to a makeup artist. Wear colors that complement your facial features and natural beauty, and put it on lightly so you don't look like a *****. That woman was completely out of line and unprofessional. It's her job to cater to her customer's needs/preferences, so if you didn't like it, she should have fixed it. I'd report her.

Makeup is meant to enhance. If someone sees your natural appearance and freaks out because it's that different from when they saw you with makeup on, you're wearing it like a *****.

Make up shouldn't make you look different, it's supposed to enhance your beauty.

Hey OP!~ I was constantly teased for most of my life about how I looked.. It's only now that I embrace who I am... Confidence is key~ Don't worry about the others, it's only you that you need to impress; I'm sure you are beautiful anyway :))!

Well make-up artists are supposed to do a good job and satisfy the customer to buy their products. Wow that was a dumb makeup artist

Just saying, it's rude of you I say that in the first place. Try appreciation.

kittygogrr 3

Well I'm sure she said it for a reason...

I don't see what's wrong with what she said. She can't completely change how you look and she can't change how you feel about yourself. She did her job and it's not her fault if you don't like it.