By halza - 30/05/2016 11:03 - New Zealand - Christchurch

Today, after a long 16 hour shift, I was milliseconds from sleep when my girlfriend said she "wants to talk". I'm now writing this from the couch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 417
You deserved it 973

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your girlfriend needs to work on timing. That wasn't a very good time to bring up a topic that seems to have been controversial between you two. On the bright side, at least now you can sleep on the couch.

Dos she often refer to herself in the third person? If so, you might've dodged a bullet.

Comments

Accidentally clicked YDI... Sorry OP :/ hopefully you can get some much needed rest anyway

You want to talk! I want to sleep! Call my phone a leave a message! Night

8313girl 28

To me it sounds like she did that on purpose. Any normal decent person knows that no one would wanna talk after 16 hours and she found a reason to kick you out onto the couch. Yeah talk to her OP and set some boundaries to make sure this doesn't happen again.

metalcrazed 21

This is abusive,selfish and depending on what job you have dangerous my friend who works in a factory lost two fingers due to sleep deprivation.

metalcrazed 21

Even one time is putting his well being at risk. He probably has to drive to work on little or no sleep his reaction time is slowed assuming he doesn't just fail asleep at the wheel. If he falls asleep at work he's probably getting fired and see the factory example in my last post. The only things that are important are a death in the family or if she's bresking up with him and both of those only take one sentence.

Some people want to find every excuse to cause an argument, and at the worst possible times. That is a form of abuse, and she doesn't seem like a nice girl.

I assumed you meant on the couch writing an FML while she's having the "talk". Apparently, I missed the part that you're "sleeping" on the couch.

protip, if you know you're going to have an argument, do it before work or sleep, having a large break between calming and the ability to apologize makes relationships harder to keep

I'm sorry that you're sleeping on the couch in Canterbury weather! Hope you were warm, a Marlborough neighbour

Tiamod 5

You let your girlfriend kick you out of your own bed? To hell with that.