By Anonymous - 20/05/2015 16:17 - Cyprus - Paphos

Today, a new employee started at our office. She's about 18, barely does any work, chews gum loudly, has no manners, and happens to sit right next to me. She also threatens to report me for harassment whenever I politely ask her to not bash my chair with the back of her chair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 841
You deserved it 2 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It might not be the most hospitable route, but you need to report her first. Especially that she's threatening to report you for nothing. If she reports you for harassment, anything you say in response will just look like you're making up excuses, unless your boss was informed beforehand.

Comments

tchatter 7

I imagine you have a smart phone. Try to voice record her threats.

Record her doing it then report her or she will own you.

I worked with a bitch just like this. After months of quietly tolerating it I reported her behaviour to management because I couldn't take it anymore. At first they made it look like they were doing something about it but eventually then stopped giving a **** and let her get away with it. Eventually I got so fed up I went above them to HR. Management's response? She got promoted and moved into a different office while I got written up for being a "troublemaker and "not a team player". I've since learned that she has done this kind of thing before and is still doing it in her new job.

report her all actions have consquences so don't feel bad

Try and record her and show it to your boss or HR.