Happens at all ages

By Lunar-Spice - 07/11/2020 23:02

Today, my roommate had to ask to check if I was drinking water instead of alcohol. Twice. Then she 'suggested' that I 'might' be an alcoholic. I'm only 21. FML
I agree, your life sucks 745
You deserved it 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can be an alcoholic at 21 buddy... Maybe your roommate is right to worry for you

It certainly sounds like OP has an alcohol problem if their roommate has cause to ask a question like that. OP, you can be an alcoholic at any age.

Comments

You can be an alcoholic at 21 buddy... Maybe your roommate is right to worry for you

You did try to put your contacts in while drunk, so your roommate might not be too far off the mark.

It certainly sounds like OP has an alcohol problem if their roommate has cause to ask a question like that. OP, you can be an alcoholic at any age.

bobsanction 18

Most alcoholics start drinking before 21.

Age doesn't matter. I would advise taking a look at your life and trying to figure out why you drink. Those in recovery will tell you that it's not about your age, how often you drink, or how much your drink...it's about WHY you're drinking. If you're an alcoholic, the younger you are when you enter recovery, the better off you'll be for a longer period of time.

Warp1978 15

I started getting served in bars at fourteen and getting blackout drunk by sixteen by twenty I was getting up and necking a fith of whiskey just to stop my hands from shaking. I cannot stress this enough GET YOURSELF INTO A PROGRAM AA basically saved my life.

whatev71 5

you can be an alcoholic at any age. Dependency can happen whenever

randybryant799 20

What does your age have to do with anything?

wrenavery90 12

Your age has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you're an alcoholic.