By lp525252 - 20/03/2013 10:59 - Australia - Miranda

Today, a guy left flowers on my doorstep. I got home to find my dad claiming he bought them for my mum. I told my parents they were mine, they laughed in my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 863
You deserved it 3 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, least you know someone likes you! But surely he should have left a card in the flowers to prove they're yours? Asshole father though!

NickaPLZ 26

Get the guy who bought them to bring the receipt. Prove them wrong and then laugh at them instead.

Comments

perdix 29

You really should let it go and play along with your dad's ruse. Ever heard the phrase, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." If your mom is happy with your dad for a couple of days that can only bring good things for you. Anyways, we all know you sent yourself the flowers ;)

it all started when you let him take credit for you cleaning the house. Shoulda nipped that in the bud before he had the chance to do it to you again.

I'm unsure of what's going on. Do they live in the same house or different houses? If it's different houses, then the dad might just be trying to take credit for something he didn't do. If it's the same house, I'm not sure what to say.

Your dad just recycled them (albeit prematurely) and made someone else's day with them. Maybe when YOU start paying the rent you can buy your OWN porch to get flowers on...

meganroisin 1

What the hell is wrong with you? Living with your parents doesn't give them the right to steal gifts sent to you and laugh at the idea of people having any affection for you. Idiot

chelsearenaeee 16

Lol people on FML really open my eyes to the morons out there. Also, for all you single folks, it gives you an opportunity to weed out people that you wouldn't want to date

33- When have you ever personally met anyone on this site?

#31 - You don't have any rights until you're 18. Maybe if you were older or were told that by your parents you'd have rolled your eyes and thought "I remember those days..." instead of exploding with girlish teenage rage.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

I have serious crippling mental and psychological disorders from being treated that way when I was growing up. Is your aim to totally destroy your child's self esteem? A child is a human being, and should not be treated like a possession or an inferior because you gave them life.

This FML isn't about child abuse, people. Get a ******* grip.

Flowers are much too easy. Next time, send yourself a vibrator. If your dad claims that as well, you'll be the one laughing at their love life.

I've bought sex toys to use with girlfriends before. It always made things more fun!

perdix 29

What kind of flowers? Roses, daisies or ... *lowers sunglasses* mums?

What, no love for pop-pies? Just asking.

Some guy? Meaning your dad got them for your mom?

perdix 29

#35, whoa! That got me thinking! What if some "guy" left the flowers, but they were for the "mum?" "Miss Stacey" was also from Australia so maybe her mum has got it "goin' un" (it has to kinda rhyme.)

It seems they haven't taken parenting 101, now doesn't it.

It's the thought that counts. Your dad seems like a class A asshole!