By Highschoolisover! - 26/10/2017 01:30

Spicy
Today, a good friend refuses to speak to me because she found out that I slept with her husband. It happened twelve years before they met. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 597
You deserved it 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

really_dad? 14

Didn't she break the girl code for dating someone you slept with? Throw it in her face op

I mean...did you never mention it the entire time they were dating/got married? I'd be pretty pissed if you deliberately hid something like that from me, too.

Comments

really_dad? 14

Didn't she break the girl code for dating someone you slept with? Throw it in her face op

I feel like you’re leaving something out. You wouldn’t happen to work as a psychic, would you?

I mean...did you never mention it the entire time they were dating/got married? I'd be pretty pissed if you deliberately hid something like that from me, too.

Imagine having to tell your friend that you slept with her husband. Not making excuses for OP, but what could her friend possibly do? If she would have left him over having sex with her friend before they were married she wouldn't have experienced over 12 years with him. And who's to say that OP knew her friend before she knew the husband? She could have met the husband first and years later met her best friend and then the best friend met her future husband.

It really depends on how close of a friend they are. Plus, it was 12 years. That's ancient history.

The 12 years is that OP had sex with the guy 12 years before he met OP's friend and eventually married her. Now, I suppose when the friend introduced her future husband to OP, OP could have mentioned they dated briefly, but why be mad at past history? As long as OP didn't sleep with the guy while he was dating her friend, the friend shouldn't be mad.

Donut_Wizard 23

Shame on you for time traveling to sleep with her husband.

I wonder if she's speaking to her husband or if she'll file for divorce because he slept with someone that she knows. And how did she find out after 12 years? Her husband must have said something, but I'm really trying to figure out how that conversation even started?!

My wife knows the details of all of my previous sexual encounters. She's also smart enough to recognize they all occurred before I even met her and as a result holds none of it against me and simply accepts it as part of my history.

nonsensical 26

I'm just wondering why this was kept a secret for so long if you're such good friends...

Im going to give a 2 sided response because I feel like some details were left out of this FML. Taking your side: I agree that she shouldn't be mad at you because I assume you guys were dating before your friend started dating her husband. So I agree with someone earlier post that she broke the girl code. Taking your friends side: your friend has a right to be mad at you be as you should have told her you slept/dated her husband before they met. Even though it before they met a heads up would have been nice. All I feel your obligated to do is hey friend I date your boyfriend x amount of time ago and things didn't work out between us but I hope things work out for you to ( which they sound like it did as they have been married 12 years). I just want you to know because your my friend and I feel like tell you this. If you

I'm fine with my partner remaining friends with past dates, but not if it was sexual. Although you could not have foreseen this, I don't blame her for not wanting you in her husband's life.

Everyone’s saying that the couple has been together for 12 years, but that’s not what the FML says. OP slept with the dude 12 years before the friend and the dude even met. It could be 20 years since this happened.

EleanorDilligaf 5

I wouldn't describe this person as a good friend, more like a childish acquaintance.