By Kevin - 29/12/2011 19:32 - France

Today, a friend told me over MSN that her father had died. Trying to express some solidarity, I went to send her a tearful smiley. I accidentally sent her the dancing pig animation instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 330
You deserved it 31 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It may have cheered her up. You never know. P.S., why would you send a "cheerful smiley" to cheer her up?

That's the perfect oink-ment for healing! Okay whatever.. That sucked.

Comments

perdix 29

Tell them you mean you wish that her Dad gets bacon in Heaven. Bacon...mmmmmmm!

O you failed epicly, i don't think a happy smiley with a tear dropping down was appropriate either

iamesauce 4

Why not? It's as good of a communication as texting or calling, especially if you're not incredibly close.

I recently lost my mother and to tell the truth I've had only two or three friends call me after being informed of her death. People usually have no idea what to say so they go for the easiest option that comes to mind. For a great many, that means a generic emoticon. Also, after a loss so great, I found myself incredibly exhausted due to shock and grief, it was really all I could do to email or text my friends the news, I was so overwhelmed. I had to toughen up to relay the news to family though.

Honestly, the dancing pig might be frowned upon, but I think (though I haven't lost anyone) that cheering someone up is better than getting them even more depressed by being depressed yourself. Just a thought. FYL though OP

Using words to show your condolences are more meaningful than a crying emoticon, and a dancing pig.

perdix 29

I think you mean "sympathy." If you wanted to express solidarity with your friend, you'd murder your dad.

But alas sir Perdix, sympathy means you can share a known feeling. To assume OP's father is dead as well is whimsical. Correct word would be "empathy."

To be fair, sympathy applies if OP has felt the loss of a loved one. Haven't most of us felt that pain?

skyenoelle 15

Why don't you just call her? That's a genuine and sweet thing to do considering how big that new is.

Ok please take that wig off... So visually distracting.. I didn't even see ur comment yet lol