By amberrenee91 - 19/03/2013 03:29 - United States - Ellwood City

Today, a cute guy who works at the mall winked at me. When I met up with my boyfriend, I bragged to him about it. His response was, "Don't flatter yourself, he winked at me too." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 559
You deserved it 17 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WhatsGoodBro 12

Why would you brag to your boyfriend about some other guy winking at you?

Why would you brag about that to your bf? Trying to stir up drama? Ydi.

Comments

That's nicer than what I would have said. Something like "well shit, at least soooomeone here likes you." Needless to say my girlfriend and I banter constantly this way and I enjoy every minute of it :)

Perhaps the guy was making fun of you. Anyway, don't worry about that.

I was going to but I got trapped in giving my history lesson

graphicstyle7 17

Sometimes, you need to stir up a LITTLE drama in order to keep the relationship interesting. People tend to want what other people want. I'm guessing he may of made that thing about the winking up to throw you off.

Someone watches a bit too much television.

For whatever the reason the OP mentioned the guy winking at her, it was still pretty rude of the boyfriend to say, "Don't flatter yourself".

Sure... He should have instead encouraged the behavior, right? Maybe next time he'll get to hold her purse while she takes a more active role in grabbing the attention of other guys. It really doesn't matter if it was just harmless teasing. She did it deliberately to make her BF jealous, perhaps to get him to appreciate how 'lucky' he is to have her, and now wants sympathy from the crowd when her attempt backfires on her. YDI indeed OP.

No, but he could have discouraged the behaviour in a more productive way that wouldn't include putting her down. That's all I meant by my comment.

RedPillSucks 31

Maybe he wasn't saying it in a mean way. Maybe he was indicating to her that the guy wasn't too discerning, so she shouldn't think of the wink as some sort of flattery.... Yes. I'm a glass half full kind of guy. Or is that a half-ass full of it kind of guy? I can't remember. Squirrel!!!!

OP- Clearly that wink was an invite to a three way!

You bragged about being winked at? I'm guessing you'd have had a seizure if he called you the most beautiful woman in the world

Why would you tell your boyfriend that?

dee_89 7

The guy at the may may have a twitching problem idk just a thought