By Anonymous - 26/08/2019 06:00 - United States

Today, a customer at work made threats against me and my two-month old son. Instead of following policy by notifying the police, my manager apologized to him and told me to leave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 117
You deserved it 141

Same thing different taste

Top comments

twin 18

file a complaint that's total bs

Hope you called the police on your own behalf. And I hope you have someone you can complain about him to that will listen. He needs to lose his job. I don’t care how bad someone screws up, assuming there was one, that is way over the line.

Comments

twin 18

file a complaint that's total bs

Why do you have your kid at work? A two-month-old hasn’t taken customer service training, not to mention the diversity and sexual harassment seminars.

The kid didn’t have to be there to get threatened.

How else could they possibly know she had a two-month old son?

Ambrily 27

I didn't know customers that know you aren't allowed to shop at your workplace. Or that people aren't allowed to talk to each other, either.

Plus, they're really not very useful until they're at least 2 or so. They can't concentrate at 2 months, and forget about having them carry stuff!

Maybe she said her and her family or something, think outside da box broo

Ok, I wanna know what the hell happened here!

Hope you called the police on your own behalf. And I hope you have someone you can complain about him to that will listen. He needs to lose his job. I don’t care how bad someone screws up, assuming there was one, that is way over the line.

As others have stated - go to the police and report the incident yourself, so that you have a record of it. You follow protocol even if your manager will not. Also inform your work's HR Dept and bosses boss, about both the threat and your boss's lack of action. All threats should be reported, especially when they are threatening your children too (not to mention that a customer knows you have a young child).