By shouldbehappyiguess - 11/07/2013 06:20 - United States - Saint Cloud

Today, a coworker complimented me on losing weight, and said that she wished she could drop a few pounds too. I was too embarrassed to tell her that the only reason I've lost weight is because I haven't been able to afford to eat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 084
You deserved it 3 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uhh well, at least you're getting something positive out of it! No, not eating isn't healthy at all and I do hope you'll be able to buy food soon, if not, stay over at friends or family.

Wizardo 33

Well its a trade off, you're broke but your belt isn't. I hope your economic situation lightens up too OP.

Comments

Uhh well, at least you're getting something positive out of it! No, not eating isn't healthy at all and I do hope you'll be able to buy food soon, if not, stay over at friends or family.

That and there is a blog online for eating for 30 days on 30 dollars. It took a little time for the guy to figure it out, but he stayed full the whole time and wasn't losing a ton of weight.

Op can't be that broke if she works. You have to have your priority right!

Wizardo 33

Well its a trade off, you're broke but your belt isn't. I hope your economic situation lightens up too OP.

Damian95 16

Call me a seventeen year old young man if you want but I can't go two hours without eating. This fml hits home. I'm really sorry OP, best of luck to ya.

I don't think OP has eaten properly in days, let alone 2 hours.

ohioain 18
TheDrifter 23

No kidding. OP is from the usa, and a fifth of their population is already on food stamps, time for OP to join the movement and get that hand out for some much needed dinner money.

suboy 10

Sad thing is op might make too much for foodstamps. The system is stupid. Just like when you cant get proper loans for college because your parents make a little too much money.

ohioain 18

I know. The government isn't running the US right. People who don't need food stamps get it and people actually need it can't get it.

At least you have a job! That can help bring in SOME money. :) and you're losing weight in the process!

Well, a lot of the times, and obviously in this case, having a job is still not enough :(

ohioain 18

Well, she's only losing weight because she pretty much has to starve herself. That's not a plus...

If you can get me your email address I'll send you money.

Allornone 35

I've been there. Stay positive (though I know that can be hard when you're hungry), and hopefully you'll get through this time. Good luck.

I was there, not that long ago. It may not be the most proud moment, but if you reach out to a charity, most of them will help, with only a single sheet of info no matter your income. Talk to the salvation army or a st vincent de paul or a local church. It may not be steak but there will be some food in your stomach. It will get better soon.

Sounds like the other lady was hoping for some lifestyle tips! I hope you can afford to eat again soon, because weight shouldn't matter but your health definitely does.

Find some services in your area such as food banks, etc. There has to be something! You must eat, OP! It's not healthy to be losing weight through starvation!

^^^ Find a food bank now, OP. Don't wait; there's a bigger crowd at the end of the month.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Ramen has no nutritional value and is loaded with sodium. There are far healthier ways to eat cheaply like beans and rice which probably cost less then ramen and won't give you a heart attack

icadragoon 11

But ramen has vegetables... :P

Awww sweetie. I hope things get better with u. Especially financially. Warm thoughts and prayers are sent ur way!