By shouldbehappyiguess - 11/07/2013 06:20 - United States - Saint Cloud

Today, a coworker complimented me on losing weight, and said that she wished she could drop a few pounds too. I was too embarrassed to tell her that the only reason I've lost weight is because I haven't been able to afford to eat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 084
You deserved it 3 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uhh well, at least you're getting something positive out of it! No, not eating isn't healthy at all and I do hope you'll be able to buy food soon, if not, stay over at friends or family.

Wizardo 33

Well its a trade off, you're broke but your belt isn't. I hope your economic situation lightens up too OP.

Comments

How can ur coworker afford food but u can't u do have the same jobs

They probably don't and even if they do there are plenty of ways that this could happen. People who have been around longer get paid more, OP's coworker could live with roommates or her parents, could be married or have some other way of splitting costs or OP could have had an emergency she had to take care of.

Maybe coworker has a spouse that helps with bills and stuff. That's all I can think of oops same as above sorry to repeat

Try a food stamp program. Most people are embarrassed to be on the program, but even $40 a month for food is better than nothing.

Ah, OP, I hate that. I hope it turns around for you.

But you could afford a cell phone. Priorities?

graceinsheepwear 33

Where does it say they have a cell phone?

In this day and age, not having a phone means you won't be able to hold a job.

i feel ya, its my secret to staying skinny i haven't been able to afford food for a while but i do have family and friends that make sure i stay fed

Shorty777 4

Things will get better for you. Years ago, I couldn't afford to buy food either, but now I can. Stay positive.

I hope your financial situation improves soon so you don't have to worry about affording food and other requirements, best wishes :)

I can't afford to eat but once a day and then it just a small meal. Wish I could have your metabolism mine seems to have quit. I guess congrats for the weight loss sorry to hear you can't afford to eat.