Timewaster

By Anonymous - 03/07/2013 21:01 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, after spending months learning Chinese, selling my house and everything I own for my big transfer to Hong Kong, my boss decided I should instead go to our other branch across town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 580
You deserved it 3 083

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's bullshit, sorry. Are you at least getting a raise out of it?

I hope you got a raise, or a huge bonus if some sort, because your boss should of notified you way in advance before you sold everything. Shame on your boss.

Comments

cottoncandymango 17

Your boss is ridiculous. Does he have any idea about all of the sacrifices you've made for this big transfer? Clearly he needs to reevaluate his decision. Otherwise, what an asshole.

CallMeWindSock 24

You can complain to your employer about this, because it seems like your boss got to decide where you transferred too.

graceinsheepwear 33

uh, your boss is your employer. Unless you mean Human Resources.

Not necessarily. If OP works for a big corporation, his boss may be a manager of a bug group but not necessarily the employer. There may be someone higher up in the chain that OP could talk to.

CVTTRVN 19

Well on the bright side you can use that newly developed language to order chinese food. c:

They'll probably cuss him out for not speaking English!

Or OP can add it to their resume. Especially since knowing Mandarin is in high demand in the corporate world.

I would demand that your boss replace all the items you sold or give you the cash amount for the current market price of the items, plus a pay raise and a bonus!

If your boss was that jerky, I dont think he would give you all that.

What! tell him (her?) it's too late cuz you already sold your house!!!!

RenoTheRhino 30

That sucks. I would sit your boss down and tell him all the things you did in preparation for your transfer. If he/she has a heart, they will probably let you go to China. If he/she doesn't have a heart and says no, buy several cartons of eggs and packs of toilet paper rolls.

Wow, sorry OP. Hopefully you will find another place to live soon, and you never know you might get transferred one day?

cheezball63 8

Hey at least you can understand those Chinese barbers when they talk bad about you in Chinese

To paraphrase Lilly from "The Princess Diaries": That is ridiculous; you should sue.