Tight ass friends

By cheese - 26/09/2013 21:31 - United States - Sun Prairie

Today, I summoned the courage to talk to my friends about the money they owe me for my photography services at their wedding. We had agreed on a fair price, but now they're pissed, claiming that I'm being selfish, and should consider it my wedding gift to them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 674
You deserved it 5 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Bring them a toaster and then ask for your money.

This is exactly why you NEVER lend your friends money or offer them your professional services. Especially if you're a prostitute.

Comments

You could always photo shop Star Wars characters into the photos and then suggest they hire you to remove them from the pictures so they can remember their special day as they were meant to. When life gives you lemons then squeeze the juices into the eyes of those who deserve it.

ViviMage 38

It was a business transaction. Set up as such at the beginning. It sounds like they want to back out of paying with your friendship on the line. Take the paper that has signed signatures from you and her with the price for the services tendered and go to small claims court. ....you do have documentation that you would provide wedding photos and be paid xyz amount yes? Do not issue them their photos until you are paid the deposit, or full amount! Use the photos release as the way to get paid.

Well, that sucks ._. But now you know not to trust em so much!

fooltemptress 36

This is why you should always get a contract when doing business with everyone, including friends and family. You should explain to them that this is business and you need to earn a living too.

YeahYeahYeahOK 6

Small Claims Court on the horizon! You verbally agreed on a price. They need to own up to their responsibilities here and at least make an attempt to pay you for youre work. I dont know what you got them for a gift, but the photo services are above and beyond that. Hope they can put their adult pants on now and not let this get in the way of a friendship!

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the comments before but, that is why you don't do "paid" jobs for friends and family. Either do it as a gift (from the start) or don't do it and enjoy the party any other option will have a bad outcome

99. Did you really just spell "due" as "dew"?