This is mine

By Anonymous - 03/09/2014 23:13 - United States - Santa Ana

Today, I bought a new beanbag chair. My cat thought it was a great scratcher and I now have thousands of tiny plastic balls around the house. He decided those looked yummy, and now the scent of vomit and plastic is awful. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 433
You deserved it 5 663

Same thing different taste

Comments

lilchica22001 22

Oh wow! Please be careful OP! Animals can suffocate by inhailing those little beans. Or they can eat them and block up their intestines. Very dangerous. As a pet owner you should be more responsible!

you act as if it was OP's fault. it's natural selection if a cat is that dumb.

If I could down vote you more then once I would. Cats scratch so they should be declawed? That is a terrible attitude. I've owned nearly a dozen cats in my life and I've never had scratching issues that couldn't be solved by finding the right kind of scratching post and positive reinforcement.

Did you know that declawing doesn't just involve removing the claws, it removes each toe's entire first joint? And that cats who are declawed often wind up with litterbox problems (because it hurts to stand in litter when all your toes have just been amputated to the first knuckle), making it more likely that their owners will abandon them or have them put to sleep? Also, declawed cats are a lot more prone to arthritis in later life; cats naturally walk on their toes, and losing a joint on each toe forces them to use somewhat different joint angles every time they stand and walk. Not only is declawing not simple, it's pretty horrible.

I'd rather declaw you for thinking that's okay.

The scent of vomit and plastic have always been awful. Good luck.

Fast, easy, cheap solution OP. I got a couple of those flat wide cardboard scratching posts and an incline cardboard scratching post. My cats used to maul furniture, to the point where they could even crawl around inside it because they tore up the fabric covering so much. It only ran me around $20 for all three off a certain online site we all use. "cardboard cat scratching post", and I recommend Kong brand stuff since we use a lot of stuff from them. Get some catnip too, to help encourage him to use the new scratching posts. Really, it just takes a little bit of patience and trial-and-error.

Lesson learned: dont buy bean bag chairs if you have a cat

isis_morrigan 18

get a Lovesac, or something along those lines! they are expensive, but well worth the money! they have a lot of covers for them also, some very heavy duty. you can often find them on Craigslist for a good price too. I adore mine! best furniture purchase ever! and it's holding up excellent with 3 cats, 2 of which regularly knead/scratch it, 2 dogs, and a 7 year old.

My beanbag (ordered a year ago) hasn't even come in yet!