This is ain't it, son

By I can never win - 13/07/2023 18:00

Spicy
Today, and like every month, my husband goes through the wastebasket and checks my used pads for proof that I’m not lying about being on my period to get out of sex, all because once, I didn’t feel like having sex and said I was on my period, even though I wasn’t. He found out I lied because he saw my clean pad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 975
You deserved it 860

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look, OP. Listen. If a friend of yours came to you and told you this story—about feeling like she had to lie to get out of sex and her boyfriend literally physically checked her used pads from then unto perpetuity—what would your reaction be? Would you think that was normal? Or would you tell her to run like she was on fire? Because from where I’m standing, I can’t imagine what he could possibly bring to this relationship that would weigh up against this massive violation of my privacy. You can do better, and you should.

That's creepy and gross. Is he unable to just accept a no?

Comments

you should've been honest the first time you didn't want to have sex. there's nothing wrong with saying you're just not in the mood or aren't up to it instead of lying about it. finding out your partner lied to you (even if it's small) can still be at least a little hurtful. also, the fact that he blatantly checked your pad from the beginning to find out if you're lying is a little far. sounds like he didn't really trust you from in the first place. you two should have a talk.