This Charming Man

By single mom blues - 08/08/2021 00:01

Today, my dad told me I needed to "hurry up and find someone to marry" so my kids wouldn't end up "screwed up" from being raised by a single mom. Their dad died six months ago from Covid. Yes, he knows this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 378
You deserved it 74

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Was your dad raised by a single mom himself? Because he sounds mightily screwed up.

Michael Wood_279567485 8

What is wrong with this comments section? Give the poster some room to grieve... and really whether they want to date again at all is their decision and nobody else's.

Comments

I'm sorry for your loss. That said, it is important to get right back up on the horse, so to speak. It's very easy for a woman with children to find a man to marry, but you don't want to delay and have to settle for someone as sensitive as your dad.

UniUni 16

Well, to be honest, I'm too good-looking and I tip too generously. Other than that, I'm pretty close to perfect. I want to express to you my gratitude for this chance at self-reflection.

keyboard warrior probably hasn't left from his cave since '19

Was your dad raised by a single mom himself? Because he sounds mightily screwed up.

Dads not wrong, dating is only going to get harder the longer you wait.

Michael Wood_279567485 8

What is wrong with this comments section? Give the poster some room to grieve... and really whether they want to date again at all is their decision and nobody else's.