The worst

By mommylovesu - 15/03/2011 02:25 - United States

Today, the bus came to pick up my daughter to take her to kindergarten. When it honked, I opened the door for her to let her run out to it. Halfway there, she tripped and started crying. I couldn't run out because I was still in my underwear. Now her bus thinks I'm the worst mom ever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 170
You deserved it 43 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Paiggeerr7 0

that's why ur supposed to wear a robe..dumbass

She would have been hurt more from all of the other kids making fun of her mom in underwear. You did the right thing.

ok there is a new invention called clothes you should look into that

You should always be there for your kids no matter what.

2Good2BeTiffany 0

lol much easier said then done. There was like 5 cars behind the bus because of the delay caused by her fall. She wasn't badly hurt and I live in a small town. So chances are some of those people know us. LOL From now on I wear a robe lol

o_omwahaha 0

Wait, wait, wait. You care more about how the bus driver, an people riding then helping your own child?! >_<

Hello_kitty_love_fml 0

This kind of FML is great for playing "Spot the sweeping generalisations from people who know nothing about the topic". To all the people stating that OP should not have been partially dressed in front of her child - you clearly have no experience of caring for young children. Anyone who has ever had to be responsible for a young child knows that you will see them naked, and they will see you naked. You have to wipe their bottoms and help them get dressed; you have to take them to the toilets with you at the mall, beach, etc, whenever they or you need to go; you have to take them into the change rooms with you, and help them shower, at swimming pools and the beach; - the list goes on. Anyone with experience of this also knows that young children cause unpredictable events - often when it is inconvenient for the adults. So here's a perfectly plausable scenario: OP has been pushing her daughter to get ready in time to catch the school bus - which has a timetable to keep to and will not wait forever. OP has made her lunch, fed her breakfast, dressed her, found her kindy-bag, etc. OP is now getting dressed herself, so she can leave for work once her daughter has caught the bus. Suddenly OP hears her daughter calling out. Child: "I can't find my shoes" OP: "Look by the front door" Child: "They're not there" OP: "Well, where were you when you took them off?" Child: "I can't remember" OP decides it will be quicker to stop dressing and find her daughter's shoes herself, rather than let the child miss the bus, requiring OP to drive the child to kindergarten herself, thereby making her late for work. OP stops getting dressed and goes, in her underwear, to look for the shoes. She finds them under the kitchen table. She helps her daughter put them on, helps her grab her kindy-bag, and at that point they hear the bus. The rest is covered by the original FML.