The road to hell is paved with good intentions

By Anonymous - 17/08/2022 11:00 - United States - Amarillo

Today, I did the dishes to make my parents happy, even though it's my brother's chore. My mom's fancy new Yeti cup was among the dirty dishes, which also has a Bluetooth speaker on the bottom. I didn't know this, and now the Bluetooth speaker is now ruined, mom and dad are furious, and I apparently have to buy a new one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 040
You deserved it 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A Bluetooth speaker on the bottom of a thermos cup is probably the worst integration of tech into every day items I’ve heard of.

She shouldn't have left it there with the Bluetooth speaker inconspicuously still attached if she didn't want anyone else touching or washing it. Her fault, not yours.

Comments

A Bluetooth speaker on the bottom of a thermos cup is probably the worst integration of tech into every day items I’ve heard of.

She shouldn't have left it there with the Bluetooth speaker inconspicuously still attached if she didn't want anyone else touching or washing it. Her fault, not yours.

Seriously. "There are electronics attached to this mug." is not the first thing I would think of when doing the dishes...

He tries to help, Yeti makes things worse.

Well at least they're cheap, but seriously she shouldn't have put it by the normal dirty dishes unless she wanted it clean. I once threw out a box that someone was storing in between literal bags of garbage waiting to be thrown out, in the garage...if you store your stuff in the literal trash pile don't be surprised if it gets thrown out...

You're not familiar with the Yeti brand. 1. Estimate the price of an item. 2. Notice the Yeti branding 3. Multiply line 1 by 10.

mccuish 25

Those type of Bluetooth speakers are stupid

slkeithh 14

Yeti doesn't make cups with Bluetooth speakers attached.

Yeti does make a speaker cup. (I just googled it). $55. And yes, it's a dumb idea

Nah, this is 100% your mom's fault. She should have either cleaned the cup herself or taken the time to alert the household that it wasn't to be washed normally. Also, she kind of deserves it for buying a cup with a speaker in it. What a useless ****** item lol

BabyZ93 1

Who the **** thought it was a bright idea to put a SPEAKER into a CUP?! Something that will regularly need to be submerged in water, yeah let's go ahead and stick a speaker in it, but not a waterproof speaker cause that would make too much sense 🤦🏻‍♀️ not your fault, OP!