By Anonymous - 28/06/2012 12:08 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, my mother met my boyfriend. She thought it would be appropriate to tell him that he looks just like my ex-husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 143
You deserved it 2 798

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it really any surprise that you can date multiple people who look alike? This is what people mean by having a "type". Your type is obviously that guy.

Good way to break him into the family!

Comments

hockeyoceancity 13

Hey at least he knows you think he is attractive!

Attractive isn't the problem. The problem is that he reminds his maybe future mother in-law of her ex-son in-law. And if he's out of the picture she probably thinks the ex is an ass and it transfers over to the boyfriend.

icrest80 4

I think he was able to assume that once they started dating......

hockeyoceancity 13

I'm sorry i guess i was the only one who likes be reminded that they are attractive to their loved ones.

jajaflan 4

My girlfriend got a makeover to look like my mom ( they really liked each other) and i so freaked out about sex. So im single

xoconnie 8

27... wtf LOL OP i agree with the other guys, its no big deal really. He may feel a little awkward at first, but in the end it doesnt matter if u guys really love eachother.

Good way to break him into the family!

olpally 32

How exactly is that cute? If that's sarcasm, it really sucked...

Is it really any surprise that you can date multiple people who look alike? This is what people mean by having a "type". Your type is obviously that guy.

I love you Doc. Thank you for blessing the community with another comment.

Doc is right OP, maybe you're attracted to same looking guys, as Doc said "Types". It doesn't matter maybe he is much better person than your ex. Care about his personality not looks.

dragonstrike94 8

None of the people I've dated have been similar in any way except gender. That's as similar as it gets

dsbs 9

Omg I wear glasses I'm so nerd lol

KiddNYC1O 20

37- Maybe you should PM him.

I think the point is she may have been hiding the fact that she had an ex-husband.

The question is if she liked or disliked your ex! Maybe she's just trying to get her claws in him, you never know with cougars...

Better than sayin he looks just like your father! That woulda been awkward in bed later

reallytho3 11

Later... OP: Give it to me daddy!!! Bf: whoa O.o I think we're done here...

flashback.miss 28

"I'm not your daddy, Im your boyfriend!" .......

hockeyoceancity 13

i was laughing but then i read 42's comment.

IsAbElLiCiA20 6

I see your mother is trying to initiate conversation, things are going great now! FYL for your mother making it awkward as hell.

Well, she probably had a point. In my experiences, ex's tend to look somewhat similar to current significant others. But that was definitely an inappropriate time to say it. Hopefully this one won't go the same route as the last, OP! Good luck.

That's going to make things a little awkward for you, but it's not the end of the world.