The Lady in Red

By Anonymous - 08/06/2009 01:36 - United States

Today, I was at a party. The music changed to a slow dance. Everybody grabbed a partner and I was left on the dancefloor alone. Suddenly, this guy walked up to me. I swore that he was going to ask me to dance. He then said, "Could you hold me my drink?" and went to dance with another girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 194
You deserved it 3 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait. "Hold me my drink?" What the hell? If he seriously said that, you are so much better off, it's not even funny.

Comments

That was smooth. On his part, I mean. You really should have Chuck-Norris-roundhouse-kicked him in the throat or something. Slightly similar story- I'm at a local club, hanging with this kinda drunk gal who was talkin' to me at the bar. At some point, she wanders off to go to the ladies' room, and after a few minutes I see her on the dance floor with another dude while I'm at the table babysitting her drink and fat friend. Her DRINK, unfairly enough, bore my full wrath. The point? Assuming roundhouse kicks to be outside of your expertise, the next best thing is often the satisfaction of pissing in someone's drink....

irrelevantxx 0

Me my drink? wtf? Learn how to spell/use correct grammar. FYL.

kaykay10xo 0

Mabey there was an odd# of people..?

To those who are saying YDI or some equivalent because she might be ugly, I'm pretty sure that none of us chose our looks and that *IF* she is not physically attractive, it's hardly her fault. There's only so much exercise and makeup can do. It's luck of the draw who gets to be pretty, who gets to be beautiful and who has to be plain or ugly. Regardless, I'm sure there was a table for the guy to put his drink down on. My guess is the OP is well known by the party goers, is in high school, and the guy was just being an ass to her specifically, as high school kids can be when they think someone is below them.

slushpup9696 12

Or maybe she had been standing in one spot with a scowl on her face doing nothing. After all, nobody wants to dance with the buzzkill.

I'd be honored to dance with you...

damn, i hope you said no. i wud have drank his drink and said i lost it.

Hopefully you dropped it on his foot and walked away.

ughhh i hate it when things like that happen.. i hope you said "no thanks and walked away" or spilled it by 'accident' on him.. He deserved that =/

1nicent1 0

This doesn't deserve a YDI or a FYL. This deserves a who cares button. He wasn't being a jackass he just wanted to put his drink away. It would deserve a FYL if he started laughing when he walked away. A YDI if you treated him like garbage earlier. And also if someone says to you "haha, no one danced with you" say "I declined 3 people cause I'm not desperate"