The joy of newborn babies

By mala_19 - 19/09/2020 14:02 - Sweden

Today, after I, my fiance, and the doctors tried all day to get my son to eat for more than just three minutes straight, he decided to eat for thirty minutes straight in the middle of the night when I just wanted to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 068
You deserved it 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Welcome to parenthood, where children don't do what you want them to do and the points don't matter

Are you breastfeeding a baby? I'm imagining a 28-year-old loser going to town on a huge pot of Mac and Cheese. It's funnier.

Comments

Are you breastfeeding a baby? I'm imagining a 28-year-old loser going to town on a huge pot of Mac and Cheese. It's funnier.

Welcome to parenthood, where children don't do what you want them to do and the points don't matter

This is a reference to the trick you can use to figure out which pronoun to use in a sentence. OP incorrectly used "me" when she should have used "I," which becomes apparent when you remove the other pronouns, like this commenter did. Grammar corrections usually get downvoted no matter what though.

Is this a baby and you're nursing? If so... I assure you this is pretty normal. It's a rough time, I know, but you'll get through it.

Newborns eat when they are hungry. Don't force feed him.

DoctorPALO 14

You do know that babies aren't programmable, right? They do things on their own schedules. Welcome to parenthood.

Yes me. English is not my first language and honestly that's what sleep deprivation does to you. My son was hospitalized due to fatigue and weight loss therefore the doctor did put him on a food schedule.. . With a bottle for dessert... He is getting better now.

Mathalamus 24

At least he is eating.. focus on what’s important.