The devil

By nichaneely - 10/02/2010 03:32 - United States

Today, I was working when an older lady came up to buy a coffee. Her son cried for a cup of whipped cream to snack on. She shook her head, silently telling me to say no. I said we were out. The mother took her drink and said, "I'm sorry honey, but the mean man said you couldn't have any." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 950
You deserved it 3 724

Same thing different taste

Top comments

treesdevin 0

you shouldve said "oh actually little kid, I think we might have some right here if ur bitch ass mom will hold on a second."

emmmilyyy 0

wow sounds like one of those overbearing mothers that screw up their sons by spoiling them, making it impossible for any woman to be good enough for him when he grows up. a normal mom has the backbone to say no to her child.

Comments

what a douche. next time she's in if she gets a coffee give her decaf, the headache will teach her. i hate people like that

this is not even close to an FML. she asked you to say no, and she justified it to her son. she probably said thank you right after. learn proper customs, you idiot

Cher_GaGa 0

not FML worthy! now if the kid screamed liar and kicked u in the balls! then it would be!! haha

she couldn't say no to her kid... she can't handle being "the bad guy" so she had to redirect it to you. more importantly: a cup of whipped cream? really? that's like asking if you can "eat" some mustard. that's not a snack, that's a ******* topping. it's not even cheap. the **** is wrong with Tennessee kids?

What kind of passive-aggressive bullshit is this? Is she such a spineless coward to her children that she has to make you out as the "mean" one just to make it easier to tell her kid no? That's a parenting fail on her part.

I worked at Starbucks for awhile after graduating from college. People treat you like absolute crap day in and day out, but you do what you have to do to survive. The problem here is not what many people seem to think it is--that the kid is mad at the barista/OP. The problem here is that that mother would not take responsibility for her own child, and instead passed FULL responsibility onto the OP. The kid probably started screaming and crying, and the manager of the store would blame the barista for it if he/she overheard the incident. Coffee shops are really volatile environments. OP, I feel your pain--get out as soon as you can!

so? you probably won't even see them again and the kid probably won't remember.

captaincanoe 0

After I would of heard that I would of said "hey wait a minute I think I have some left" and given the kid the largest cup of whip cream

orangesodaftw 0

Wow, I hate people like that. Everyone knows that if you shake your head no when asked a question, it means that you are refusing whatever they are asking. Some people can be so brainless sometimes.

What a bitch. I would've been like, "Oh wait here it is!". and given him a ton.