The devil

By nichaneely - 10/02/2010 03:32 - United States

Today, I was working when an older lady came up to buy a coffee. Her son cried for a cup of whipped cream to snack on. She shook her head, silently telling me to say no. I said we were out. The mother took her drink and said, "I'm sorry honey, but the mean man said you couldn't have any." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 950
You deserved it 3 724

Same thing different taste

Top comments

treesdevin 0

you shouldve said "oh actually little kid, I think we might have some right here if ur bitch ass mom will hold on a second."

emmmilyyy 0

wow sounds like one of those overbearing mothers that screw up their sons by spoiling them, making it impossible for any woman to be good enough for him when he grows up. a normal mom has the backbone to say no to her child.

Comments

You should gave said: "Now that I think again we must have left in the back" then go at the back in the bathroom and serve that special cream the old hag craves for.

twocrazymonkey 0

your such a pussy, seriously? you post this up there? I bet your the type of guy that cries after sex once your boyfriend is done railing you! ******* fagot!

babazad3h 0

Is this a joke??? The mom said that so the litte brag would shut up.

boatkicker 4

What is with so many of you saying "If the mom had said no her kid probably would have had a tantrum." Are you kidding me? First of all, tantrum-throwing-children are not all that common. Yes, every kid (or almost every kid) goes through a tantrum throwing phase, but what makes you assume the child is in that phase. Typically, at least in my experience, it doesn't last long. Maybe a year. Sometimes even two, but other times closer to 3 months. Second of all, you still need to be an authority figure, even when your child will misbehave. They will not learn, if you do not teach them. If they throw a tantrum, remove them from the situation. It may not be convenient, but in the long run, its worth it. (Side note, because I'm sure someone will point this out as a reason my comments are invalid: I am only 19, yes. I have, however, raised two children, and both are now thriving. My mother was not really motherly, and I have been the one in charge of my younger sisters since I was 7 with a short break between when i was 10 and 12, at which point I had to take over again because my mom gave up her sobriety)

ZeroCharisma 0

Parents today annoy the hell out of me. So many parents are "afraid" of telling their children no. That's what being a parent is!! When I was younger, I never asked for things when we went out or threw fits if I didn't get something because I knew my parents wouldn't tolerate it. Modern parents let their children dictate way too much stuff. My son isn't even 2 years old yet and I make him pick up his things, etc. If he wants something ridiculous like a cup of whipped cream when we're out somewhere, he will be told no and I'm not going to blame it on the "mean man who works there". That's why I'm glad I work at a place where I can stand up for myself and not worry about repercussions. Stupid people like that woman need to know they're stupid but unfortunately, they usually prey on people in the service industry because they know those people can't retaliate for fear of losing their jobs. People like that are cowards. If that would have been me, I would have looked right at the lady and said "Great parenting".

boatkicker 4

You said this far better than I did. Thank you, for being sensible, and for being able to explain it well. :)

Well said. I think OP should have said "Your mother doesn't want me to give you any" to force it back on her, since it IS her job to control her kid.

Oh, you life sucks so bad. A kid thinks you didnt wanna give him cream. How will you ever be able to move on?

Just tell the kid he can have some and **** the mom over.

I work at Target and get that shit every day! It's a wonder kids are twice as paranoid as they should be. ******* parents should have the balls to raise their own god damn children. Not scared the shit out of them.

God, I could rant all day about customers...

And that's when you smile, shrug, and say "Oh look. I found a can of whipped cream. Sure, he can have some!" and she can have a screaming brat the whole way home. :D