The customer is always something

By YEEYEE517 - 03/09/2019 22:00

Today, working in retail, I noticed a customer looking for an item, so I walked up to them and asked, "Is there something I can help you find?" He replied, "Did I ask for your fucking help?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 871
You deserved it 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DestinedforHell 16

And if you’d said nothing there would’ve been a complaint about being unable to find someone to help him. You just can’t please some people.

Sady_Ct 37

My mother is a bit like this, gets pissed when staff offer help, gets pissed when she wants help and they don’t offer. Super ******* embarrassing, to the point i now smile and gently step in and say ‘we don’t need help right now, thank you’ and then mum continues to bitch about it. I’m sorry you had to deal with that OP, some people will find everything to be a nasty person over.

Comments

DestinedforHell 16

And if you’d said nothing there would’ve been a complaint about being unable to find someone to help him. You just can’t please some people.

Sady_Ct 37

My mother is a bit like this, gets pissed when staff offer help, gets pissed when she wants help and they don’t offer. Super ******* embarrassing, to the point i now smile and gently step in and say ‘we don’t need help right now, thank you’ and then mum continues to bitch about it. I’m sorry you had to deal with that OP, some people will find everything to be a nasty person over.

I’m sorry but you need to talk to your mom. She sounds like a douche!!

Are customers allowed to cuss at retail workers like that? Dont you guys have the right to kick them out at that point? Just curious.

cazziuz1983 9

technically speaking the base employees do not normally,but the manager sure as hell does

Even before I was a Manager I kicked people out and hung up on people for talking to me like that. Still do it if I see a customer being rude to my staff. We don't get paid enough to be spoken too like that for trying to help. Majority of the time they apologize when they realize they were out of line

"Did I ask for your piece-of-shit attitude, you piece of shit?"

This is something very American. Over here, people let us shop in peace until we actually ask for help.

That's not an American thing. It's a shitty attitude and rude A-holes ppl are like. So if that's what you do to ppl you're just as awful as he is.

I'd suggest reading again and overthinking your response. Because right now you're responding in the wrong context unless you mean to say that not disturbing people while they're minding their own business is an asshole attitude. Nobody's arguing that the customer responding like that was perfectly fine and dandy.

You basically told a man he needed to stop and ask for directions. It’s like asking a woman her weight.

You could have stopped after “Today working in retail” and I would have agreed that your life sucks.

There's helping and there's attack helping. A few years ago, I went with someone to Sears to buy a vacuum cleaner and the instant we approached the display, an older male associate set upon us with "Can I help you ladies?" and because we didn't even have a chance yet to look at ANY of the vacuum cleaners, how at this point, could we even have any questions? Well, we must have both had the same thought, because we both just ignored him. What did he do? He really persisted! Kept repeating louder and louder "Is there something I can help you with ladies?" and looking over at the girl behind the counter like "Do you see these two lunatics?" and finally I said "Yes, you can help us by letting us look over the selection of vacuum cleaners for a few moments and then be available when we need you. If you happen to be busy at that moment, we'll wait for you." I mean really, today, a shopper knows how much she wants to spend, and what features she requires, and presumably she can read, so we would have (and did) narrow it down to 2 of them in a matter of minutes and then bought one. What was he going to do? Give us a big mansplaination and demo each model like it was the 1930s???? Who has time for that today?