I don't want to sound ungrateful, but…

By Anonymous - 22/03/2021 01:00 - United Kingdom - London

Today, it was my birthday. I'd told my wife i would love a new battery drill, finally getting a decent one after all these years, and picked out a few nice ones. I opened the present: another cheap off-brand drill. They "didn't have any of the ones I picked out", but this one came with free drill bits. All useless. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 404
You deserved it 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask for the receipt and return it. In the future ask for gift cards.

I mean, it’s important to be grateful, but at the same time I’m with the people who think that you should have gone together to get one you actually wanted. It’s not as big of a surprise, but for certain big purposes it’s more important you get them right. It’s all about communication. Both communicating clearly and listening to your spouse when they say something. I generally run most present ideas by my wife if there’s any doubt about if it.

Comments

Ask for the receipt and return it. In the future ask for gift cards.

As the spouse who has sometimes tried SO HARD to find the impossible, maybe every special battery drill you wanted really was unavailable? Maybe, just maybe, she did her best. Even if not entirely true, it takes a specialist to know the difference between a "decent battery drill" (WTF is that?) versus an "off-brand" battery drill with extra "free drill bits." And as I write this I am actually annoyed, I hope you use your drill to make her happy. If she even wants that anymore.

How is he supposed to drill her good since he just said his drill bit was useless? Jokes aside, I kinda agree that for something that specific, OP should've either gotten it himself, or gone to the shop with his wife to buy it together. I've never understood people who let others buy important items whose failure to meet certain specs can make them entirely useless.

tounces7 27

He gave her several options to pick from, and no, it's not THAT hard to find a good-brand battery operated drill, literally every hardware store has them. Show me a home depot that's completely out Milwaukee, Dewalt, or even Ridgid.

I mean, it’s important to be grateful, but at the same time I’m with the people who think that you should have gone together to get one you actually wanted. It’s not as big of a surprise, but for certain big purposes it’s more important you get them right. It’s all about communication. Both communicating clearly and listening to your spouse when they say something. I generally run most present ideas by my wife if there’s any doubt about if it.

giraffe_poop 8

I guess you could be grateful for the effort, if they didn't have what you wanted available...maybe the rest of the bday can be nice and the drill exchanged.

So go get one you like. If you're not newlyweds from that show married at first sight, you knew she would get it wrong.

How much of an ungrateful ass do you have to be to complain about a “specific” drill?! SHE HONESTLY TRIED HER BEST FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN BECAUSE ITS NOT THE EXACT ITEM YOU WANTED?!?!!!? HOW ABOUT THIS, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HONORED HER *SPECIFIC* wish for a gift?!?!??!?!?

OrySoma 11

bro I get it I literally had to send home depot links and other thinks to my wife I did the same with tool boxes I'm electrician so all I use is dewalt and klien brand tools and she managed to only get me the dewalt impact drill combo which still wasn't what I asked for but it works good enough and got me a flimsy tool box that lasted two weeks before it broke when you want tools as presents its best to ask for gift cards lol

Reggie89 2

act like you like it bring it back and get the one you want it