The cliché is true

By Anonymous - 30/09/2009 21:22 - Canada

Today, I went to a restaurant for lunch. I began to eat when I noticed a blond hair in my food. When that happened, I went up to the counter and began complaining about their hygiene. When the manager insisted no one that works there had long blond hair, I realized that it was my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 573
You deserved it 64 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well, its understandable. you ARE blonde...

So there's a redhead, a brunette, and a blonde....

Comments

srak 0

ydi for being a soap-shy bitch!

Today, I was briefly embarrassed in front of the staff of a business I'll likely not visit again. Woe is me, suicide must be the only option! FML.

Alright, These things happen. No one likes it when it does, but there is no denying it. Hair gets into food. And no, I don't think you should just eat around it. Any decent restaurant will replace your food if hair is found cooked into it. But if you bitch, and whine, and make a big deal about it, and piss off the people serving you, then more likely you'll end up with worse things in your food that you can't see. I work in a restaurant, will even be so bold as to say Pei Wei, and hope the company doesn't track me down and fire me. And I very nearly went off on a customer for being bitchy. I ended up going off on the kitchen instead. But they know I wasn't upset with them, and the other customers who saw/heard me going off to the kitchen were extra polite. And they left quickly. Quite frankly, if it happens again this weekend, I might just go off on them. And not care if I get fired. Because people like that are the reason I hate my job. Seeing the same customers, serving people, making them smile, all satisfaction from that is completely negated by the assholes who expect napkin in the lap treatment. If you want that, go pay $50 bucks for your meal, and leave a damn good tip. And by people who go crazy about accidents, and about things outside of our control. I'm sorry that we're busy and we don't get your food to you in 5 seconds. Deal with it! Accidents happen. I'm sure everyone, no matter where they work, has made some form of accident. Misfiling papers, missing a deadline, whatever. We do it too. No one is bloody perfect. Everyone has bad days. And when you except the fact the people serving you have lives just as, if not more stressful than yours, everything will become that much easier. What's more. Just because I'm a blonde, who works in a restaurant, and goes to community college, doesn't mean I'm stupid. Believe it or not, I am actually fairly intelligent. Do I understand quantum physics? No. Do I get how the price of oil in Venezuela relates to corn prices in the US? Not exactly. Do I know how to do my job? Yes. If you think you can do it better, feel free to try. Also, we are waitresses, and servers, and cashiers, and hostesses, and more generally food service people. Not babysitters. Letting your kids run around wildly pisses us off. It pisses off the other customers. It pisses off anyone anywhere that has to deal with your bad parenting. Extras props to parents with good kids! Extra props to kids with good parents. But all those parents who let their kids run around like crazy in restaurants is gonna end up with spit in their food. (Not that I would do that. I'm much more likely to scare your kids into behaving.) And for the last time, the oranges at the drink counter are not free appetizers! They are drink garnishes! And the fact that so many people eat them as garnishes, along with taking 5 full sized disposable napkins a person, is the reason you are paying 8.12$ a plate for chicken, and $1.89 for a coke. Believe it or not, those things are not free! I think I'm done with my rant. Now hopefully people will learn from it.

Gruffy 0

noones gonna learn from a half-hour rant that they wont even read, #80

hey, #46 did a pun kill your dog? cuz otherwise you need to calm down. i mean come on!!

jennadol95 0

haha. blondes.. but im a blonde too so, woo hoo!

rightlock 0
danceoo 0

um...would u not think of your own hair before the service?

Demand to check all of the employees' pubes! A lot of people don't have matching luggage.