Thanks, I hate it!

By ugly - 14/11/2010 07:39 - United States

Today, I was in McDonald's with some friends. When I got up to the register to order, the guy there appeared startled by me, and said, "Whoa, you're really pretty." No one has ever said anything like that to me before. When I told my friends, they laughed and said, "Wow. He must have been drunk." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 720
You deserved it 3 523

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brit8741 0
nerdwithagun 0

Ditch your friends; flirt with the guy who thinks you're pretty!

Comments

if they were being serious, your friends are douchebags :P

I work at McDonalds and I dont take drugs.....

lol, you need new friends. you seem sweet take that compliment and keep a smile on your face

My_Deathbed 0

YDI for looking like a gorilla and the only way someone could find you hot is when they're drunk. Shame on you! tsk tsk

I would not get so worked up the guy does work at mcdonalds and sees over weight middle ages single women all day. your just a rose among thorns.

ElectricGhost_fml 5

awww that's nice what the guy said but not ur friends

If your friends were kidding, then don't worry, friends put each other down all the time. If they weren't, then ditch them because they're just mean. Either way FYL.

*eyeroll* The "They're just jealous!" comments drive me nuts. It's such a self-deluded cop-out, used to save the speaker from coming up with a better argument or taking a look at the situation from a different perspective.  Hey, guess what, OP? Maybe your friends gave you a hard time because by relating the story, you not only seemed to be fishing for more shallow compliments and overblown reassurance, you also betrayed such an embarrassing lack of self-confidence that a four-word comment from a McDrone becomes noteworthy enough to pass onto your friends, thereby making yourself and your appearance the  subject of an entire table's mealtime conversation. Did you really expect them to consider it a heartwarming epiphany of your inherent worth as a person? Or is it more likely that you, in their place, would also see it as a form of compliment masturbation and feel awkward enough to respond indelicately?       

doomsauced 0

Thanks for the insight Doctor Phil.