Final words

By Cilla - 01/04/2021 04:01 - United Kingdom

Today, in his will, my dad laid the blame squarely at my feet for his depression, alcoholism, liver failure, suicide attempt and eventual death, not because of anything I did, just for being born in the first place. He never wanted a kid, resented becoming a dad and drank to make the depression bearable. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 921
You deserved it 95

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't want to sound heartless, but it really seems like your dad was a loser long before you were born, and is just blaming you for his own failures. Not all parents are deserving of love and respect, and it looks like your dad is a textbook example...

Comments

I don't want to sound heartless, but it really seems like your dad was a loser long before you were born, and is just blaming you for his own failures. Not all parents are deserving of love and respect, and it looks like your dad is a textbook example...

bobsanction 18

That's your moms fault, not yours.

If your dad never wanted to become a dad, then probably he should keep it in his pants and not stick it into your mother.

tounces7 27

You know, this isn't really about that though. What he said was horrible, but "blaming" him for her birth isn't much less horrible. He's obviously one person who should have simply been allowed to opt out of being a father, since he clearly wasn't a good one. We have to get past the whole "keep it in your pants" or "keep your legs crossed" nonsense. These are normal human urges, and people often DO do things to try to prevent pregnancy, that happen to fail on a regular basis.

😲Wow shit, that's rough! He's a ******* dick(no offence) it's not your fault.

Vesi 29

Why.. WHY would anyone say OP deserved this? No-one deserves to get treated like crap by their parent because they exist.

If your dad knew he didn't want children that badly he could have made sure he didn't have any, it was his fault you were born, not yours. Don't blame yourself.

My father didn't want any children either, but here I am. He made me feel so unwanted, worthless when I met him. I did nothing to him as well.

"Dad, wherever you are...and if you can hear me over THE RAGING FLAMES...if I had ANY choice in the matter, what makes you think I would choose YOU...?"

That guy is an asshole and not worthy to be your father. I hope you find someone who can be a mentor in your life and actually values who you are.