Thanks, I guess?

By apparently-a-shed - 05/03/2013 12:20 - United Kingdom - Worcester

Today, I was walking through my town when a man on a bicycle rolled up to me and said, "I don't mean this offensively but you're really well-built." I don't know whether he was commenting on my height or comparing me to a shed, but my mother won't stop laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 485
You deserved it 3 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wouldn't take a fence if I were you.

perdix 29

Sounds like a . . . *lowers sunglasses* sheddy situation.

Comments

dontpanic_fml 32

"Built" refers to musculature. Perhaps it's not as widely used in the UK but it is quite a common term here. You were not being compared to a shed; it was a compliment. Maybe a bit skeezy, but nevertheless a compliment.

Used the same here, even know the area OP lives and its def used there.

dontpanic_fml 32

I thought it would be; I am so baffled by the OP's concluding that the person must be talking about her height or a shed that I'm taking shots in the dark.

perdix 29

Usually, that means you've either got big **** or a nice ass, or both (ftw!) What bizarre dialect of English do you speak where the ambiguity is between height and a shed?

I think her mother is actually laughing at her for being a total ditz and not understand the term. OP do your friends laugh at alot aroubd you and do you not know why?

I have no clue what happened to that second sentence. Autocorrect?

that was random... maybe hes a little nuts op

perdix 29

What could be offensive about that? I store my tools in a shed . . . oh, wait!

RedPillSucks 31

I'm sure the dude wanted to store his tool in her shed.

He was admiring your physical form. I give him props for offering a compliment without being vulgar, and I'm not sure how this is an FML?

Sinkhole 26

He must have thought you looked like you had some good screws.

you're either muscular or have great t&a, neither is particularly bad. :)

RedPillSucks 31

She a brick- hause. She mighty mighty just lettin it all hang out

Sad that song was going through my head as well

Damn RPS! I was thinking the same thing!

It just means you have a really nice shape, you're probably really athletic? Or at least you look like it!

You're a beautiful shed, I'd store my "tool" in you.