Tactful

By petlover - 23/11/2009 04:30 - United States

Today, I had to put my 17 year-old cat down. I cried the whole way up to the vet's office and back. After finally coming to terms with the situation, and trying to forget, my dad's friend walks up to me and says, "So, I heard you killed your cat?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 208
You deserved it 3 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm the first to enjoy satire humor but that was just purely insensitive. Losing pets suck and I'm sorry for your loss.

at least she lived a long, full life. i had to put my 8-year-old cat down this summer (he had cancer) and it was the hardest thing i've ever done. your dad's friend is a jerk, but at least we have the relief of knowing our cats are lazing around together in kitty heaven.

Comments

Wow. Talk about insensitive. I can only imagine how hard it already was. My cat was only 5 years old when I had to put him down and I bawled for two hours after that. I would have had trouble not punching someone in the face for a remark like that.

You shoulda been like... i heard that you died also.. and then like... stabbed him.. :) that would make the world a better place

Sorry if this is insensitive, but so what? Putting down = killing, just a slightly milder way to put it. He was only asking.

StikkyBunz 0

hahahahahah oh my god that... is... HILARIOUS!!!! why are you people crying over a CAT! it's a cat people! who cares! this is a stupid FML...... YDI for taking bad care of your cat!

YDI for killing a loyal pet of 17 years unless it was literally vomiting up it's organs.

IDKIDKIDKIDK 0

Ok #53 1. it's biologically impossible for a cat to 'vomit' up its organs. 2. I had to put down my 19 yo cat because of various medical problems (permanent limp, blind, deaf, constant vomiting, and heart problems.) I didn't want to do it but it was better to relieve its pain. Stop being an inconsiderate jerk when it's a really hard decision than can be completely unrelated to age. It has to do with the cat's medical condition.

hes a dick. but he probaly didnt know that you were sad. but wait. most people are sad when close things are dead, put down etc. so yeah he is a dick.

hassenpfeffermmm 0