Surprised?

By neverbeensurprised - 14/08/2009 05:29 - United States

Today, I found out my friend has been texting my long distance boyfriend more than I do. When I confronted her about it, she confessed that it was because they had been planning a surprise appearance for me. I've never been surprised before, and I ruined my own surprise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 190
You deserved it 47 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Poke_my_mon 0

Nah yo, I agree with you. That shit is suspicious.

Squidipus 0

To all the people saying she needs to trust . . . How many FML's on here are about people trusting their significant others, only to be royaly ****** over by them? You never can tell what a person is going to do, and suspicious behavior should be questioned.

Comments

boatkicker 4

In a long distance relationship more trust is required than average. You arent oging to be seeing the person all the time, or talking to them, so you just have to believe that they arent going to cheat on you. Suspicious behavior in a long distance relationship hardly ever ends up being half so bad as people think it is, but the lack of trust is what kills teh relationship. I've seen people in long distance relationships that have failed for this reason. I also, until a few months ago, was in a long distance relationship. I have since moved in with him, and we're engaged. When we were long distance I woulod have loved if he kept in touch with my friends, and sometimes they talked but not very often. Now that I live here they talk to him even less. they just talk to me and if they feel like saying anything to him they have me do it for them. On the other hand, it does always suck to ruin your own surprise. I'm sorry OP. But is the visit still happening? Because even if tis nto asurprise visit, a visit is alwaya good thing. :)

LadyLovely08 0

Yeah, your story aside, long distance also requires more openness and honesty. I would have been majorly suspicious if the friend were texting him MORE than me, and then said it was all about a surprise. How many texts can that take? OP was right to ask questions.

boatkicker 4

That's true too, honesty and openness are important. It's different for me and I can't picture myself in OP's place, really. First of all, I dont keep track of who my friends are texting, and second, my friend never talked to my boyfriend.

godyourethick 0

What I want to know is how you found out how much your friend has been texting your boyfriend.

NobodyUKnow 0

Definitely not your fault. Had this ended with a different outcome -- finding out the friend was hooking up with your boyfriend -- people would have voted mostly FYL. There is no way you could have known, so really, this does suck. Hope you still enjoy the not-so-surprise!

Booo @ all the YDI. The shit's suspicious. And may be not even true.

NobodyUKnow 0

Seriously, I wouldn't believe this for one second. He needed help from your friend to suprise you? If he wanted to suprise you he could have just showed up at your doorstep unannounced. This sounds to suspicious for me. I think they're trying to hide something. The only help needed from your friend was help getting his rocks off. Trust me when I say this.

danceoo 0

you should trust them. YDI. to everyone who's like, this is suspicious: lots of friends are close to people's boyfriends. All they were doing was texting...it doesn't mean anything. It's not suspicious unless you're paranoid and not secure in your relationship.

boatkicker 4

If he had showedup at her doorstep unannounced whos to say she wasnt goign to be at work? maybe she has an irregular work schedule. No set pattern. It would blow the surprise to say "Hey what's your wokr schedule for the next week" but a local friend might be able to ask like "Hey sometime in the next week I want to do this, but I need to check your schedule against my work schedule, when are you wroking?" or whatever. Its not all that suspicious. It's also rude to show up unannounced and expect to stay at her house, so maybe he wanted to find a hotel, adn the local friend would be better at picking one out, because they know hte area.

How did you even find out they were texting??