Surprised?

By neverbeensurprised - 14/08/2009 05:29 - United States

Today, I found out my friend has been texting my long distance boyfriend more than I do. When I confronted her about it, she confessed that it was because they had been planning a surprise appearance for me. I've never been surprised before, and I ruined my own surprise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 190
You deserved it 47 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Poke_my_mon 0

Nah yo, I agree with you. That shit is suspicious.

Squidipus 0

To all the people saying she needs to trust . . . How many FML's on here are about people trusting their significant others, only to be royaly ****** over by them? You never can tell what a person is going to do, and suspicious behavior should be questioned.

Comments

looloothing 9

thats not realllllyyyy an FML because there are a couple things to be happy about. 1) they dont actually have something going on between them behind your back like so many other FMLs on this website. and 2) they both care about you enough to actually try and through a suprise for you. so really you should be happy. :)

xRoseyLynnx 0

It's much more than a suprise they're planning..

boatkicker 4

I thought that the term 'long-distance boyfriend' was pretty self explanitory. You live far away, but you still talk and text and email/IM and whatever. You visit, but depending on the lives you lead, when you work, how much money you make, etc, determines when you get to see eachother.

hey atleast its better to no that ur bf is not cheating on u with ur best friend

Your long distance boyfriend's dick was going to make a "surprise appearance" in one of your best friend's orifices. Which orifice? That's going to be a surprise! On a side note, long distance relationships don't work. Cut it off with him now, look for a local boyfriend, and if the first guy comes home and you are free, start it up again with him.

boatkicker 4

Long distance does work if you both want it to. I was in a long distance relationship fro a long time, until I finally moved in with him, 800 miles away. We're now engaged.

And people do win the lottery. The odds of a long distance relationship working are very, very slim. Anecdotal evidence that one LDR worked is not proof that they are stable statistically. I'm happy for you, but I wonder if your boyfriend was discreetly cheating while you were apart. Don't ask. what you don't know won't hurt you.

boatkicker 4

I wasn't saying that they were stable statistically but I also feel like part of the reason they often dont work is because people expect them to fail. If you say "they will fail" the idea gets in thier heads. People then end up trying so hard to 'save' thier relationship that they actually kill it.

lmmmr 0

plexico, judging by the maturity you display in your comments, it's obvious that any difficult commitment would be a disaster for you. Your opinion on how real people relate to one another in difficult situations is pretty irrelevant.

lmmmr, you don't know what the **** you are talking about. I've dealt with a lot more difficult commitments than you have, I'm sure. I had a three-year relationship where my girlfriend left the country every summer, and I never strayed even once. Of course, it is easy for me to live like a recluse, so avoiding temptation was simple. Normal people are more sociable, so fending off romantic advances is not so easy.

FYL if you actually believe that shit excuse lol!

Nah, your first instinct was right. Now you're just being gullible.

aww that really sucks. you should of trusted them

shaZamy 0

ha, moderated this one, aaaaaand, YDI

#20 nailed it right on the head. If it's a long-distance relationship he's not going to want to potentially drive hundreds of miles just to find out his plan has gone to shit. I'm not sure if the OP deserves it though; I think it's only fair to get suspicious when your significant other is texting another member of the opposite sex more than you.