Support system

By lynn - 17/02/2010 06:30 - United States

Today, I found out my cousin - who suffers from bipolar disorder - shot herself in the chest and has only a 20 percent chance of living. I told my boyfriend, while crying, and he held me for a few minutes. As soon as I got quiet, he pulled out his iPhone and started playing a shooter game. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 275
You deserved it 4 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your boyfriend probably thinks people respawn in real life like in CoD.

naww that's pretty sad :( if he did it on purpose I think he deserves a punch in the face . but maybe it was a coinsidence :o

Comments

epictrollathon 0

That's sad, OP. Hope your cousin and your family get through this OK. Talk to the bf. He needs to be told straight to his face what he did was horrible. If he made a legitimate mistake (totally could happen, they don't always think these things through), then try to forgive him. If he was intentionally trying to make a joke? He's to be dumped and pitied; karma is a bitch.

Suicide is a shit way out anyway. I have no sympathy for people who can't deal with life...or for people who would go "oh what a great FML" in the midst of all their "grief". You're no better than your BF.

@ ArrowLCMC I don't think you understand bipolar. I believe that the reason OP mentioned her cousin is bipolar is exactly so people wouldn't say that about suicide. I agree that under normal circumstances suicide is the coward's way out, but being bipolar completely changes that. It's manic depressive as in you go from really really high to really really low and in the low chances of suicidal tendencies are obviously very high. It's not a controlled decision.

Intellectualist 0

suicide is a great way out for bellends like you who proudly share their idiocy on a public forum when they don't understand a thing about the situation at hand. I do agree with your point about writing an FML about it though. So, swings and roundabouts.

waterynuggets 0

"under normal circumstances suicide is the coward's way out" Oh I doubt you'll find many people that commit suicide who are mentally and emotionally well. Calling someone who, whether due to mental illness/something causing them much pain in their lives, wants to end it a coward is ******* disgusting.

Bipolar's not always manic depressive. And depressive episodes don't always correlate to suicidal thoughts. It's just an extreme of emotions that change in an instant.

Erniesduck123 0

What do you mean, bipolar is not always manic-depressive? Bipolar is synonymous with manic-depressive disorder. If it was anything but manic-depressive it would not be bipolar, it would be depression, or mania, or some other mental disorder. It's episodes of both, which is why it's called bipolar.

TheSexynator 0
daisy1vargas 0

wow what an ass! Luke ushould totally dump his ads u'd think he'd have sympathy for u and ur family. instead he's just rood!!! dump him!

I don't know if it's something you're gonna want to hear, but you could take consolation in the fact that if she doesn't make it, at least she won't be suffering any more.

flashback.miss 28

who the f voted YDI? a holes. hugs for the OP *hug* it may ur bfs way of coping but yeah talk to him, dont give up hope. *more hugs*

bigpapi210 0
AnonymousGalifrey 1

STOP FIRING FROM THE HIP AIM DOWN YOUR SIGHT!!$